Check your Shopify store for the most common SEO and usability issues and get a free personalized audit of your site

Tourist
31 0 3
Thanks so much, I appreciate it!
0 Likes
4 0 0

Hanna,

I would love to have you guys look at my site and let me know what I can improve. I only just opened my site a few weeks ago, but I know I could be doing more to rank up higher. Anything you can suggest is appreciated.

www.copper-still.net

Thanks,

Jason

0 Likes
3 0 0

I look forward to your review.

www.ShopAria.ca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
277 0 44

Amy,

We would make banner slides more informative. Some of the banner slides  with dogs and rabbits confuse a bit because it’s just not clear where these pages lead. Besides you can use some slides to promote any hot deals and offers right on your homepage.

http://www.barksandbunnies.co.uk/pages/our-recipes: when we saw this menu item we really expected to see some recipes for dog biscuits. The text we found on this page is actually good and gives understanding on how the whole process is organized, what are your products made of etc. So a more suitable name for this menu item would be something like “how we do it” or “quality assurance” or something similar that clearer describes the content of this page.

A very important thing is to add full list of ingredients to every product page. Here’s an example: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15225456&lmdn=Product+Type&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInU.... Otherwise it’s not clear if your biscuits contain wheat, rye etc. – what if my dog has an intolerance to some of the ingredients? It’s good that you have your secret ingredient, but I would not give my dog something that I don’t know what it is :)

Approximate Cookies per Package, approximate Size and directions is also important information for me as a potential customer. Please have a look at how Petsmart.com did it.

You wrote about Albie and Kizzie who love your biscuits. Why not make your “about us” page more personal and post photos of your pets and indicate what products they like most from your whole range (this is an opportunity to drive highlight products that have high priority for sales)? Or introduce your dogs on the site and then put some mark something like “Albie recommends” to priority products? People love their pets and some personal approach (especially if the species of their pets are the same with Albie and Kizzie) could raise your sales here if you do the website more personalized.

Depending upon ingredients of your biscuits you may find reasonable to split your whole product range by dog species. Or at least give some hints on your product page like “highly recommended for terriers, boxers and Bolognese”. Even if your biscuits are universal – this may additionally stimulate owners of these concrete species.
It’s really useful that you have a separate page for Feeding & Storage Guidelines. But it would be also useful to have a corresponding link to this page on each product page. The point is that visitors who landed on your homepage and start browsing Bakery menu may notice this sub-item. But those visitors who landed directly to your product page do not know that such a useful page exists.

You’ve done good work with pages interlinking, though we’d recommend changing color of anchor texts of those links to make it more obvious that they are links.

In terms of SEO you need onsite SEO optimization. Please check our reply to Tanay Mehta above for more details on how to do it.

Hope it helps you a bit. If you feel you need further assistance with your project – do not hesitate to contact us here or directly at contact@promodo.com.

http://experts.shopify.com/promodo With any questions, mail me at ruletana2012@gmail.com
0 Likes
Explorer
200 0 18

Thank you Hanna for your very comprehensive and informative review. We will have a look in more detail later on and take action on your comments. If we have any questions we will post back.

Thanks again.

Amy

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
277 0 44

Jason,

From usability point of view we’d make the banner more informative and clickable. It can promote your product, for example, highlight competitive advantages or interesting facts about the product itself.

It seems that this is your corporate website with ecommerce module. It would be good then to post more information about the company itself right on the homepage.

What if I need some custom still? Can you do it for me?

From SEO point of view we’d recommend to optimize Title meta tags for corresponding keywords and add SEO-optimized text to your homepage and catalog page. If you don't know how to do it - you can read our reply to Tanay Mehta above in this thread or order one-time consulting with some SEO agency.

You have a blog on your project and it is a great opportunity to get relevant traffic to your website. We would recommend to make posts on topics like “how to brew whisky at home”, “how to choose a still for alcohol brewing”, etc. These posts should be also optimized for relevant keywords and interlinked with each other to give additional authority to corresponding pages for Google. Such a strategy will help you attract relevant visitors in this niche and some of them will surely purchase your product. The algorithm is as follows: when you have a topic to write about, you do keyword research for this topic, select several relevant keywords that have good search volume, write an article with these relevant keywords, internlink this article with other 1-2 related posts from your blog.

We hope these tips will help you increase your sales.

http://experts.shopify.com/promodo With any questions, mail me at ruletana2012@gmail.com
0 Likes
4 0 0

Thank you so much Hanna for your advice, especially for the blog. I'll change the main banner so that it shows the main picture, then some advantages about my company, then maybe it will say contain some sort of action phrase like order before (today) for 5% off or something to spur action.

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Holy smokes! Thanks so much in advance!! Definitely need more input on SEO :))) 

www.essellesf.com

Sherry

0 Likes
1 0 0

Please have a look at my website.

www.hugoandoli.com.au

0 Likes
16 0 0

I'd love some advice on my store, I'm very new to this but am super excited to be in business (however small) for myself! I'm having troubles generating traffic... its been online for about 4 weeks now.

http://www.sampergear.com

www.scampergear.ca Balance Bikes, Trikes & Other great gear for your little one!
0 Likes