Just checked out your site. It all looks good except some minor things. See if you can get the images all the same size.
The other thing that looks strange are your headings on your products pages. For instance color looks like this [color]. That to me looks very strange.
Hope this helps.
We've taken a look at your website and should say that it corresponds to a certain number of SEO requirements. However, your website may not obtain a part of organic traffic because of the factors below:
1. Fix page titles and descriptions;
Please include more keywords in titles of your key pages (as proper optimization for keywords helps getting more traffic from the search engines, besides, rootflage.com has a lot of duplicated titles, which decreases your site rankings. As for descriptions – there are a lot of empty descriptions on the website.
2. Fix h1-h3 tags;
On some pages of rootflage.com there are double h1 tags, which is unacceptable in terms of SEO.
Almost half of the h2 tags are empty on the website.
Also we recommend to include more relevant keywords in h1-h3 tags.
3. Fill in image alts;
All alt tags are empty on rootflage.com. Please don’t forget to include keywords (it will help your store be found on Google image search)
4. Should work over website version upload speed, as it is one of ranking factors on Google. Use this tool for suggestions, what to do to improve the load speed:
5. Fix /tagged/ page duplicates (duplicates of any kind hurt site rankings in the search engines and decreases the quality of the site for Google);
Add a this command in your robots.txt file:
Some 404 pages to fix:
As we understand these are pages which are not awailable at the moment on your website. Google doesn’t like when there are a lot of 404 errors on the site. Please find similar products and redirect to them. In case if there is no similar product – redirect to the category/subcategory page.
6. Remove this sitewide duplicated piece of content (meaning thу same content appears on each and every page of the site, which is from Google’s point of view is a big sin: http://my.jetscreenshot.com/1321/20150720-jjyk-42kb.jpg. ;
7. Add more optimized for keywords content on the main page and on the category pages, as having a unique and quality content on the pages is one of the keys to catch more traffic from Google results. The same goes for product pages, as product pages receive the least of attention and usually lack content, however, we want these pages to be found on Google and drive visits:
• + all product pages.
8. We would also recommend to link the website with Google+ ( as it is one of Google services which influences website rankings) and create a business page there which will also improve your rootflage rankings on Google.
Hope that helps!
You should add alt text tags to your images. The easy way to do this is to export your items and copt the title into the "alt text field" whicc is right of the "image src" in the csv. Then you can reimport. Do a test import of one item if you have not done import before and then check the product image in admin to make sure it has alt text filled in on the item. Here is alink to csv import video tutorial.
You should also add a blog to your site and start blogging about your products on a regular basis(atleast weekly).
You could also add more schema product markup to your site like product review to get rich snippet in google search result. Shopify has a free app, but Yotpo's product review app is better at gettting review with auto mailers to customers. You even get review from POS orders if you have a brick and mortar and this helps your product search ranking.
Your spped test on site is good, you could optimize a couple of images. Just use a photo editor like photoshop elements and do save as to reduce file size.
Hope this helps.
|2 hours ago|
|2 hours ago|