You have the problem with https (secure version) of the site. This also could be the reason people can’t access the site. An existing HTTPs protocol version of the website https://www.beersbypost.com/ creates the duplicates – the same page can be opened with https and http in the url. Google doesn’t like mirrors and duplicate pages on the website. That’s why I recommend you setting up 301 redirect from all HTTPs URLs to HTTP (from https://www.beersbypost.com/ to http://www.beersbypost.com/). Possibly, it will solve the “shop is not open” problem.
I checked the area of potential keywords. As you can see here http://my.jetscreenshot.com/1321/20151222-2tk6-55kb.jpg there are about 300 potential keywords about beer gifts. You just need to create right (relevant) semantic core, groups the keyword into clusters and then optimize categories, subcategories for the those grouped keyword you have selected. Use them in pages’ title, description, H1 heading, page texts. Pay attention to the product page optimization as well – write unique texts, titles and descriptions. In my earlier posts you mentioned plenty of keyword research tools, the main one is of course Google Keyword Planner, which is free)
Check out the example of how your page can be optimized. These meta data you can use for the category cider packs:
Title: Cider gift basket. Cider gift sets at Beersbypost.com
Description: A great choice of cider gift sets. Beersbypost.com store provides different cider packs for gift, call us!
H1: Cider Packs
You can also add brand pages, meaning optimized for keywords related to different popular searched brands.
I think you can get some ideas for new categories or subcategories here http://www.halftimebeverage.com/.
Summing up, the most basic thing to help your store get up in the search results is a very proper and thorough keyword research and content optimization. This is the #1 problem with the new websites on Shopify.
Asnwering your question, I think you don’t have any sales because your store doesn’t appear on Google. http://my.jetscreenshot.com/1321/20151230-dmmf-51kb. People can find your store only if they find the referral link to your site. So the conclusion is that you should 1) work on keyword research and optimization of your store pages 2) execute link-earning activities, so that more and more site contain link to your store 3) improve site usability to retain customers and convert them 4) continuously improve the quality of site content and make it useful for users.
To know to what details pay attention to, you can use the checklist I created after analyzing Shopify websites https://www.promodo.com/blog/ecommerce-seo-checklist-how-to-survive-in-ecommerce-seo-maze/.
To improve the semantic core of the website, create more categories, subcategories. For example, there are about 380 potential keywords, which you can you in subcategories for BLUE BAGS (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/1321/20151222-dyb5-65kb)
About usability. The first thing that I noticed is the pink background, while all the products are on the white background. Why not to change the background to white? Here you can see how it can look better: http://my.jetscreenshot.com/1321/20151221-zbga-60kb.jpg. It will beatify the look of your website.
Also, I don’t think you should leave such pages empty http://belleboutiquebags.co.uk/pages/purses . Google doesn’t like empty pages, and user experience will also decrease because of such pages.
Hope it helps,
Here are few tips about your website.
- Here is the main page duplicate: http://www.thecommemorativeproject.com/index.php. You should set up 301 redirect from http://www.thecommemorativeproject.com/index.php to http://www.thecommemorativeproject.com/, because duplicate pages are bad.
- There are pages with more than one H1 tag (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/1321/20151221-ccwi-8kb.jpg). H1 tag is the main header of the page. You should use it only once per page.
- Try to improve the websites’ sematic core. You can analyze our competitors, look – what categories and subcategories do they use, look at their meta data, texts, linkbuilding.
- It seems you don’t have a Google Analytics installed - it is a must-have, how do you know then what is going on with your site’s traffic? J Also Webmaster tools in necessary. This is the panel through which Google communicates to site owners about the site problems in the search.
-your product pages are quite empty, meaning they have little of text. Also, they don’t have an option to leave a comment - which could be a source of user-generated content, and they don’t offer similar products, which is a very good thing for internal linking in terms of SEO. http://my.jetscreenshot.com/1321/20151230-bt8e-56kb
- The content wins in today’s world. I like very much the niche of your store. Those links to campaigns and activities you support – amazing! I think you could develop a very interesting and unique content strategy and execute it on the blog. Write a lot of press-releases about your activity and it will be additional PR efforts and opportunities for link-building.
|14 hours ago|
|20 hours ago|