Checkout Link and Checkout Page Customization

JungDesy23
6 0 0

Hi there, I need help.

I use the checkout link only on buy now button menu.

is there any way to add product description on the checkout page?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3512 281 676

Hi @JungDesy23,

Nick here from Shopify. 

The checkout cannot be customized in this or any way with the buy button. The only way the checkout can be customized is if you are on the Shopify Plus plan with the web store. To have the product description seen you would need to have it displayed on the website. I double checked this with our theme support team who were able to confirm this. 

Hope this helps and clears this up for you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JungDesy23
6 0 0

Hi @Nick ,

I have a Shopify plan, I paid for it.

I want to make it clear that I'm not using myshopify.com website to publish my website.

I have my own website, I just want to use the "buy now button" or 'checkout link'.

In buy now button, the customer can see the description of the product but the problem is the design of buy now button doesn't match my website.

so I use checkout link instead. but on checkout link, the customer directed to checkout page without passing the product description first.

Is there any way to add product description on the checkout page? or edit the design of buy now button (not standard customize. I want to edit space of each product, place of buy now button, create box outside buy now button). Any suggestions would be great.

Thankyou

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3512 281 676

Hi @JungDesy23,

Thank you for getting back to me and explaining what you are looking for in more detail. You can edit to change the appearance or settings of an existing Buy Button should you wish. This would involve having to edit the embed code that you've added to your source HTML. Shopify has a guide for this which you can see here going through the steps for how to do this. So I  there wouldn't be any way to add product description on the checkout page but it is possible to edit the design of buy button. 

Hopefully, this helps!

All the best, Nick

0 Likes
JungDesy23
6 0 0

Hi @Nick ,

Thank you so much for your answer,

However I'm not familiar with the code,

Could you help me create code that can make buy button appearance like the attachment?

and where should I add the code?

Kind Regards,

Desy

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3512 281 676

Hi @JungDesy23,

I wouldn't be completely comfortable and familiar with where this code would go. The guide is also quite advanced and not supported by Shopify. 

23-38-usjtx-op52d

Because of this, your best bet would be to reach out to a Shopify Expert for some assistance. You can find the Shopify Expert small task directory here

Hope this helps!

All the best, Nick

0 Likes