Collections vs Categories

Highlighted
19 0 0

Hi everyone,

My shop is an art and craft supply store that sells my favourite brands - Tim Holtz, Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley, Darkroom Door, Strathmore and a few others. Its a shop full of treasure :)

What I'd like to know is:

What's the best way to focus on products...
- in collections as brands or in categories as type of product?
- is there a difference between "Collections" and "Categories"?

Do people search for their brand they love or type of product?

How is it best to showcase these collections and categories...
- as drop down menus?
- in lists?
- as a gallery of pictures (pics of the products)
- as a gallery of pretty designs (general pattern with words of the product collection/category)
- what do you find better, easier, faster?

Do you find my store easy to navigate?
- what would you fix? 

I've tried visiting my own store from different points of view, but am having trouble finding those answers because I already know where everything is. I've thought about sending out a survey to my customers but I've found most people don't really like surveys unless there's a huge prize to win.

I hope someone out there is able to help :) Thank you so much!

Have a happy day!
:)
Jenny

www.shop.artbyjenny.com.au

Hi there :) I'm an artist who just loves everything about arts, crafts, colours and textures. Having an art and craft supplies store is the best. I call them treasures because to me they are. To inspire and be inspired is a beautiful thing :) Art and creativity is so good for you - it soothes the soul, heals the heart and is heaps of fun. I hope anything I add into these forums helps somebody. Have a happy creative day!
0 Likes