My shop is an art and craft supply store that sells my favourite brands - Tim Holtz, Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley, Darkroom Door, Strathmore and a few others. Its a shop full of treasure :)
What I'd like to know is:
What's the best way to focus on products...
- in collections as brands or in categories as type of product?
- is there a difference between "Collections" and "Categories"?
Do people search for their brand they love or type of product?
How is it best to showcase these collections and categories...
- as drop down menus?
- in lists?
- as a gallery of pictures (pics of the products)
- as a gallery of pretty designs (general pattern with words of the product collection/category)
- what do you find better, easier, faster?
Do you find my store easy to navigate?
- what would you fix?
I've tried visiting my own store from different points of view, but am having trouble finding those answers because I already know where everything is. I've thought about sending out a survey to my customers but I've found most people don't really like surveys unless there's a huge prize to win.
I hope someone out there is able to help :) Thank you so much!
Have a happy day!