Compare price on lots of products with one click?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi all,

I am doing a sale on lots of products that all have many variants and want to show compared prices (so original price w strikethrough etc.). It would take me an entire day to go through and edit each and every one of those prices - is there a way to do it for all prices in an entire collection with just a few clicks? 

I know about discount codes and automatic discounts and have used them in the past, but I think showing the price comparison is a more effective marketing tool. 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

I should have added: Without using an app. I'm really a bit disappointed in how difficult it is to do pretty much anything except the basics on Shopify without paying for an app. 

0 Likes

Hello 

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
119 7 24

Your best bet would be to do this in your theme if you don't want to use an app. Here's a thread about the topic https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Display-compare-at-price-next-to-sale-price/td-p/1305...

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 3

Thanks for the link! That's way over my head though, I'm terrified to mess with the code...

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
119 7 24

Don't be scared. :) Make a backup of your current theme and work with that instead of your live theme. Use the theme Preview mode to iterate. If you break something just throw it out and make another copy of your current theme. When you're happy with the result, make that copy the live version of your theme. Doing it that way takes all the pressure off. 

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 3

Oh, great idea! I'll give it a shot. Thanks so much!

0 Likes