Connecting Shopify Store to Facebook

Highlighted
14 0 0

I am considering connecting my Shopify store to Facebook, however, at one point I thought I had read where the delivery times would not fall in line with Facebook policy as I currently source products using Aliexpress. I wanted to find out if this is an issue or if I am mistaken.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 15 33

Hi, @stdugg!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out about connecting your Shopify store to Facebook. 

There are several requirements for using the Facebook Shop channel that stores need to meet in order to be approved. However, the document that you might be thinking of that discusses shipping times can be found here. This resource makes the following suggestions:

1. Provide clear expectations and accurate shipping times - including processing times - to customers on your site.
  2. Ensure that product availability and shipping costs are clearly outlined, and any other factors that may have an impact on shipping, or delivery times, are mentioned as well.
  3. If your suppliers offer tracking information, please make sure to pass this along to your customers, too. 

To share these details with customers, I recommend creating a shipping policy on your site that is easy to locate and reference. This blog post offers more information on how to create this policy, and what it should include.

Aside from that Facebook document, it's also important to ensure that your business meets the other prerequisites for using the Facebook Shop channel outlined here. Your store will also need to be in line with Facebook's Commerce Policy and Community Standards

Additionally, if your business is approved to use this channel, each of your products need to align with the conditions listed here in order to be published onto Facebook. 

Have you had a chance to try connecting your Shopify account to Facebook yet? If not, and if your business meets the above requirements, you can try connecting your account by following these steps. If you run into any troubles with this process, despite meeting all of the above guidelines, please let me know and I can certainly take a closer look into this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes