Content Changes - SEO Impact?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi all,

We recently made content changes on our BrainSharp ecommerce website - a few alterations on tags (e.g. removed couple of words) and have made changes on how our blogs are being displayed (without though changing any of the URLs or sitempa structure).

As it seems our focused keywords' rankings have dropped tremendously (more than 20 places at least). We have worked hard to get our site on the first page over the past few months and was wondering if anyone would know if:

1. Those keywords are going to go back over time (e.g. without writing guest posts etc.) - Is it related to Google's algorithm?
  2. If we continued our seo strategies, e.g. writing guest posts, would we see the keywords rank up quicker than when started?

Your help and suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marios

Active health and fitness promoter. More on our website: www.brain-sharp.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 7

Hey Marios,

Checked your online store BrainSharp, cool website.

There is no chance that after updating the content your ranking was dropped, because Google always empathizes on updating the content regularly.

But if you're facing this issue, then there may be these possibilities:

• You have decreased the volume of your "focus keyword" from the content.
  • There may be very high chance that the legacy high ranking you have received was due to the freshly published content, and the fresh backlinks you have created on socials.

So I am assuming the following 2 reasons can be resolved with:

• Manually crawl the pillar page after every update.

Now coming back to your question: 

2. If we continued our seo strategies, e.g. writing guest posts, would we see the keywords rank up quicker than when started?

--> Writing guest posts will give you backlink(make sure it has to be "doFollow". But no one can 100% sure about the improvement of focus keyword due to the guest post.  Since the user is landing on the guest page, not yours.

Plz share your thoughts on it, and if any of this hacks help you in your SEO, let me know :D

Cheers,

Vishal

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for the prompt suggestions; very helpful!

To be honest I just read the whole article and thought that were already using the 'pilar content' strategy by categorizing blogs, but as it seems we would need to use a page within the relevant blog category as the main pilar.

However, we are still trying to understand as how our keywords' ranking dropped dramatically overnight without getting penalised by Google or even attempting spamming or Black Hat strategies.

Thanks again for this. Will make sure to add the suggested article in my helpfull links directory

Active health and fitness promoter. More on our website: www.brain-sharp.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks for your suggestion. It's very helpful.

0 Likes