Conversion API and Shopify Buy Button

Max811
Tourist
4 0 1

So I have a Wordpress site using buy buttons to connect my store (still paying the full Shopify plan for various reasons). I have also set up the Facebook Channel and chose "maximum" data sharing in order to activate conversion API by Facebook. When you click a Buy Button on our Wordpress site our Shopify checkout pops up in a window – and yes, events are being fired, like InitiatedCheckout or Purchase. BUT they are only fired through browser connections, not server connections. What is the issue here? Does the buy button checkout window not support Conversion API? That would be a massive problem for us. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Max

PS: Also I can’t get Conversion API running on the Buy Button itself on my site, because it is in an iFrame, any ideas?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-16 um 11.49.40.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-05-16 um 11.57.24.png

0 Likes
Beetje
5 0 0

Sadly I have the same problem. Would love a fix for this because right now not all ''purchase'' events are send to the eventmanager.

0 Likes

Well spotted. Report this to Shopify support. The maximum setting should use Facebook's CAPI and it clearly doesn't in this circumstance.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
Beetje
5 0 0

I've also reported this to the support but they refer back to the forum

0 Likes
Max811
Tourist
4 0 1

I have been in a conversation with support today but just get sent random articles on all sorts of Pixel related topics but not this particular problem. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Max811
Tourist
4 0 1

So little update: I have been receiving Purchase Events last night through the Server but no CheckoutInitiated or PaymentInfoAdded at all. Neither Browser nor Server. How can that be?

Anybody know if this is a Problem on the Shopify Side or Facebook Side? Support does not answer anymore.

0 Likes
Beetje
5 0 0

Sadly same for me, shopify support stopped replying because they don't know what is up lol. The only thing they allow for API sharing is the purchase event and this is on their side, not facebooks because facebook API asks all events but shopify only chooses to send ''purchase'' server side. If you want every other event you have to do it via google tag manager but that is quite the struggle. Im trying it now though with a few guides so wish me luck haha

0 Likes

@Beetje I believe Shopify will be gradually rolling out other events on the CAPI beyond the Purchase event. Not sure where I heard it from (soz). It could be in their documentation. How long it takes is a roll of the dice.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes