Cost of Facebook Adds Targeting the US

Highlighted
20 0 0

Hi guys, 

Looking for some help with facebook adds, I'm an online retailer based in Ireland and up to recently have been focusing my marketing and facebook adds to Ireland and have been doing fairly well. I'm trying to branch out to the US but seem to be just poring my money down the drain when it comes to facebook adds to the US.  The cost seems to be ridiculously high compared to Ireland.  I've tried multiple interests, multiple audiences, multiple different types of adds, engagement, traffic, conversions.  I'm starting to wonder is it because I am outside America targeting America that I can't get the same low cost I hear all these guru's talking about...... 

My question is for people out there using facebook add's outside of the US targeting the US, how are you getting on? Are you able to get decent low cost traffic? Or for people in the US, what price on average do you pay for 1,000 impressions.  I know it differs per audience/add type etc but in general.

I'll give an example, most of the time in Ireland I can get 1,000 impressions for  average about €2.00 on a conversion add

Targeting the US, 1,000 impressions for a conversion add can be anywhere from €11 - €37 euro which is just laughable! 

If anyone has any tips of tricks for targeting America I'd love to hear them. 

I also purchased Connectio for targeting Interest/Pages, supposed to make you get more for your money, didn't really have any luck with that.  

I'm only interested in information in relation to getting users to my website via Facebook, so there's no need to comment on any other apps or about my website etc  :) thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 25

Hi there Lorna!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

Glad to hear you're being proactive and looking to learn more about how to market here. :)

One thing we can recommend for sure here if you are dipping your toes into the Facebook marketing game is the excellent Kit app.

This app is free to use (bar the cost of the ads) so can prove really useful when learning the ropes of Facebook and other platform marketing.

Check out our guides to it here and grab it for your store if you want to give it a whirl.

If it comes to the point where you feel you have outgrown Kit's usefulness, you could consider working with an Expert Marketer from our Experts community.

There is a little more outlay associated with hiring an Expert but I wanted to give you any advice possible so you have all the options available to you.

You can always get in touch with us via our support site if there are any other Shopify-related questions we can help out on. :)

Best of luck with everything here!

Regards,
John

0 Likes