Customer Eligibility in discounts: Everyone can use the conditional code

Meikim
5 0 0

Hello,

I have the discount setting issue.

I would like to set this only specific customer (email subscribers) use the discount code, I set the customer eligibility like this,

2020-12-13 (2).png

When I tested it, whatever my customer tag, login or logout, subscribe or not I could use the discount code. like I set it for all customers.

I already delete browser cash and re-set the customer tags.

How can I apply this discount coupon? Please let me know if anyone has the same problem.

Thank you!

Reply 1 (1)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Meikim

Rae from Shopify here. 

Thanks for reaching out about the customer eligibility on your discount code, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Based on the screenshot you shared, it looks like you've added 'Email subscribers' correctly as the customer group, which is a great start. However, it's also important to confirm that this customer group is set up properly, and includes the correct customers. To check this, just follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click on 'Customers' in the lefthand sidebar 
  3. At the top of the page, select the 'Email subscribers' group 
  4. Confirm here that the correct customers are listed in this group

It's also important to double check that the email address you're using to test this discount code isn't included in the 'Email subscribers' customer group. If it is, this will make this email address eligible to receive the discount code, and create difficulties when you're trying to test the code out. If you need to remove this email address from this group, just click on the customer and under 'Email marketing' click 'Edit status', untick the 'Customer agreed to receive marketing emails' option, and click 'Save'

You mentioned you're using customer tags, too. Are you using these to differentiate between customers who are email subscribers, versus those who aren't? If so, did you create this customer group by following these steps and filtering, or searching, your customers by tag?

As a final troubleshooting step, I also recommend testing this discount code on your own site via an Incognito browser, or from another device entirely to see if the code works as expected. 

Keep me posted on all of the above, and I'll be happy to continue helping out with this, and ensuring your discount code is set up correctly! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.