Decent traffic but no sales

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi there, can somebody please have a look at my store www.elixirdew.com. My paid for traffic is decent, organic traffic still low, but even with the traffic I have had no sales as yet. I am feel quite worried. Thank you

0 Likes

You have a beautiful site and the branding is strong. There are some minor tweaks I might make but honestly I don't think the issue is your site. Odds are the traffic you are getting is not the right type for your site and what you sell. How long have you been running ads?

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.  I'll suggest some tweaks that might help and then let you know how we think about marketing for an ecom brand below

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders. Have one strong image and that is it

2. The text under Buy More, Spend Less is small and hard to read. I would increase the font size if you can

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same coloured background. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages. You don't want the Hair Nourishing Oil standing out to much

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Sell people on purchasing this one product. Make it shine

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

Getting Quality Traffic To Your Store

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

P.S. If you want a free one hour consult, feel free to reach out to my agency: Take Some Risk Inc.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you Duane for the detailed explanation and instructions! I have made necessary changes and working on the image suggestions. Yes, I have setup Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup. I would like to have a free consultation to improve marketing & conversions.

0 Likes

@KMat wrote:

Thank you Duane for the detailed explanation and instructions! I have made necessary changes and working on the image suggestions. Yes, I have setup Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup. I would like to have a free consultation to improve marketing & conversions.

You are welcome. I'll send you an email at the sales email address from your help page now. We can setup something for next week.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi,

your store is not that bad, but niche is really hard. Cosmetic is one of the hardest niches out there because user loyalty to big brands are insane. But with more and more successful startups in this industry also this changing slowly. 

I would add more pictures with your actual product. Most of images now are from Shutterstock without showing your product. Social proof is big in this industry. Find local influencers and show their instagram posts on product page to increase social proof. 

Also you have just regular price. Maybe try to increase regular price and discount the product so people will have more reasons to buy from you. We develop app just for that cases where the biggest problem is conversion rate. Discounty (https://apps.shopify.com/discounty-discount-countdown) was designed to force people to buy immediately otherwise they will miss opportunity for great savings. Our beta testers which share data with us see improvements in conversion rates up to 400% with this conversion rate hack, because Discounty increase price and decrease discount in real time. 

0 Likes

@KMat wrote:

Tried to send you an email but I got a bounce back,.. saying the email address can not be round. Do you want to email me: duane [@] takesomerisk.com ..... no spaces or [] in the email of course.

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 3

Hi Mat,

I love the color of your website! Don’t worry about not getting a lot of sales right now, you are not the first nor the last to be struggling with this scenario, 80% of the visitors don't place an order on their first visit.

Your store seems great, and with all the feedback you received above I'm sure you are right on track.

However, I have some observations if it's the first time you go to your website, it's difficult to know the difference between the products since they all seem the same.

I would recommend you to add another picture, maybe someone using the product so it's easier to identify the difference between. I really like that you add testimonies since it makes customers know that it actually works, I might even buy one for myself after seeing the Instagram picture. On the other hand, I would recommend you to add a shopping cart icon so its easier to stop wheres the cart.

Regarding the ads, you could start using a retargeting campaign to engage with your potential customers. Retargeting campaigns allow you to remind them after they left the website and offer the product information they’ve been viewed with different kinds of creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion.

There are some retargeting apps on Shopify app store as well. If you’re not familiar with that, you can search “retargeting” and try it out - https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=retargeting.

Hope it helps you out!

0 Likes