Decline in organic traffic over the last few months

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Guys / Gals...

I have seen a steady decline in organic traffic over the last few months. I am not sure why. No penalty is indicated in Search Console. I have not engaged in any black hat activity, not changed anything radically on the website. We blog regularly and publish new products with unique descriptions. Our biggest weakness is that we struggle with link-building but we have a few really solid backlinks from big publications like the Huffington Post, Vice, and Salon (Though those were not from this year). Any advice would be appreciated. If you want to look at our site specifically - please DM me.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.33.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.35.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.34.29 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

I would try to narrow it down to pages or sets of pages. Is your whole site experiencing this or is a category of products or maybe it's non-product pages. After that I would see if devices or browsers are seeing a large drop in traffic. Try to narrow things down to the areas that are seeing the drop within your site and that will help you understand how you might be able to turn things around.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted

The goal is defining which page has the decline in traffic from search engine.

You can take a look at Google Analytics report: Landing Page + secondary dimension (Source / Medium) = Organic.

When you get to know which pages has in decline traffic use ahrefs.com to find out which keywords has decline in traffic and compare with competitors. Ahrefs can help you a lot (if you haven't used it).

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️ PageFly - CRO Solution for your Store.
TOP 10 Best Apps in All Apps Category - https://apps.shopify.com/pagefly
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

All that makes sense, I have done similar analysis. I know that we have lost keyword ranking through rank checking, and we have lost overall impressions and clicks from Google organic. The question simply is why? None of my competitors seem to have lost ground, and my blogging game is by far superior to theirs. The only remaining answer perhaps is our weak backlink profile...

0 Likes