Deeply Frustrated - Zero non-family sales

Charles_Wade
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi

I have put in a lot of work on my site iiwiiyolo Clothing and have done what I think is appropriate SEO optimization. I have alt text on all images, I have product descriptions that include keywords, many are long tail keywords. I have modified pricing and have added some, albeit not a lot of blog content. I post 2-3 times per day on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr. I have leveraged Kit and have done of my own ads on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram as AdWords. All of this and much much more and still...no non-family sales. 

My daily traffic is sub 100. Not sure if my product designs suck or if my pricing is too high or if the site sucks. I know there isn't a magic answer that will suddenly open the flood gates but I need a little guidance on what I am doing wrong or perhaps what I am missing

Thank you in advance for being delicately honest. 

Feedback is a gift and I will accept it

Charles

Fred_-_Shopify1
Tourist
2 0 0

Hi Charles ! 

My name is Fred and I am Shopify Expert. Let me share with you my 2 cents ( disclaimer : I have designed/developped more than 500+ Shopify stores to date for my clients ).

The main issue I see with your website is a very poor website design and branding. It looks like you have used a free theme and uploaded just a few products. This unfortunately doesn't make the store look professional. It's ok to have few items, it's just a matter of using the right website design (which in your case would be a custom landing page - showcasing the products you have).

Do you have any budget at all for your store design ? What about having some Instagram influencers model your shirts ?

Feel free to get back to me and I will do my best to help you !

All the best -

Fred Hedbeek  - Shopify Guides available on EcomHowTo.com

Fred Hedbeek - Shopify Expert - Get my Shopify Guides on EcomHowTo.com
0 Likes
Rhonda
Tourist
11 0 3

Participate in discussion forums in your product niche and answer questions with a link to your website on your signature. Sponsor bloggers on tumblr and influencers on instagram. Post massively on IG. Hope that helps!

Cat Gift Shop www.catcatworld.com
0 Likes
Rahul_Ranjan
Shopify Partner
40 0 8

Hi Charles,

The reason you are not getting any non-family sales can be a lot to do with TRUST. 

100 people that are coming to your website daily does not trust you to buy a product straightaway.

Maybe you should start building trust and get your message of "You only live once" across before asking for a purchase. You can do it through a series of blog posts targeting the long tail keyword "you only live once". 

You can also create a lead magnet (a small pdf) related to "You Only Live Once" message to giveaway on your site in exchange for an email address. 

This list of email addresses of people will convert at a much higher rate than some people randomly coming to your website through ads.

If you want any further guidnace on how to execute all of this, feel free to email me at rahulr3529@gmail.com

-Rahul

Charles_Wade
Tourist
6 0 2

Rhonda

Thank you for this feedback. I have been posting 2-3 times a day on IG, Twitter and Facebook. The following is growing albeit very very slowly. 

I will try engaging in forums and groups as well

Thank you again

Charles

Charles_Wade
Tourist
6 0 2

Rahul

Thank you for the info. I am not sure that I am following you when you say a lead magnet. Do you have an example?

Thanks

0 Likes
Rahul_Ranjan
Shopify Partner
40 0 8

Hi Charles,

A lead magnet is a small pdf that you give away for free in exchange for an email address of any visitor to your website.

But why do you put in the effort to create a pdf to give away in exchange for email addresses?

Because, email has the highest engagement rate and conversion than any other medium including fb ads etc.

In addition to that not everyone will buy from you the first time they land on your website. So you want to keep in touch with those people and pitch them when they are ready to buy.

0 Likes
rito
Shopify Partner
255 1 48

Hi Charles,

Couple things to consider doing:

• Delay the email pop-up. Realistically, no one is going to sign up for it without having had a chance to look around first
  • I find your prices to be a little high for what you are offering.
  • Consider using less “red” colors for your button/text. Colors incite different actions, and red is typically known for errors/problems, so it may deter visitors from certain actions on your store.
  • Your “Sale Items” link is broken
  • If you’re going to list a blog section, you should try to update it more frequently.

If you're looking for a way to drive quality traffic to your store for free, check out the Ads app:

Free Ads Exchange - https://apps.shopify.com/ads

Cheers,

Ryoma

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Free Trust Seals with Reviews Generation to increase conversions - https://apps.shopify.com/trust

Free Conversion Checkout Timer - https://apps.shopify.com/conversion

Utilize Trust Seals with Reviews Generation to increase your sales conversions - https://apps.shopify.com/trust
0 Likes
Yalilee
2 0 0

Hello, Charles,

I checked your website  and this is what I believe can help you out! 

1.- You might try change the theme is not a 2017 look!

2.- Please add some trust seals you can download the "guaranteed safe checkout " banner anywhere from the internet that includes the SSL and others. and ask your developer to included in the cart and in the product detail page. 

3.- I cliked on one of the collections and the shirt was 3 clicks away, I think is too far, better have the collections as a menu and put the products like a gallery manner at the beginning so If i like a shirt that shirt is right on the next page and not 2 clicks away. 

4.- Try to find where your customers hang out! what they do , who they admire, and try some facebooks ads with those interest. I hope this helps :)

Yalilee

Yalilee Cavazos, MSc. www.yalibella.com www.titaniodesign.com
0 Likes
Elena_Hutchinso
2 0 5

Before you start a business, you need to ask yourself these questions.

1. Why am I starting this business? To solve a problem? To serve the underserved? To improve something existing?

2. What am I good at that will contribute to this business? Are you an expert in a skill or field of knowledge that makes you better equipped to make This Thing than most anyone else? Or do you have a unique vision and enough capital to get other experts to make This Thing for you? 

3. Why should anyone care about my business? How is your product strictly better than something else out there? Is it cheaper? Is it higher quality? Is it more unique? Is it more virtuous (recycled, proceeds support a cause, fair trade, etc. etc.)

Here's me doing my best to answer these questions for you as delicately honestly as I can, just based on your site.

1. T-shirts have a low barrier to entry (not that expensive to produce for an entrepreneur on a budget) and you are a hobbyist designer who has fun making things and figures he can make a buck at the same time.

2. The artwork is not unique or high quality enough to compete in an extremely saturated market, and there is no other competitive advantage (the fit is unremarkable and the price is relatively high for something you can get at Walmart). To compete in shirts you are going to need amazing artwork unless you find another benefit to differentiate you (donation on purchase, recycled content, etc.).

3. You need an amazing product, but you also need an amazing story and cohesive brand. What do Spartans have to do with basketball, or Coffee and Books and Rain? What is your story? Again, why are you starting this business? People like to know what your outlook is, and "cool stuff" is just too general.

Marketing can't save a business that is not marketable. I would go back to the basics and define your vision before you try to sell it.