Description of home page in searches

4 0 0

When I search for my website (www.foxglovesandfolly.com) on Google, the description isn't right and still reflects the password page 'coming soon' wording (extract below) and not the metatag description for the home page:

The search results show this:

"Foxgloves & Folly – Opening Soon

https://foxglovesandfolly.com/

Foxgloves & Folly. Coming Soon. Exciting new florist - opening in summer 2017! Be the first to know when we launch. Email. Notify me. Spread the word."

The website is now live and the password has been disabled (5 days ago in fact). I have also verified my website with Google.

Does it just take a while to update or is there something else I need to do?

I have tried to see if this has been covered in previous posts - whilst there are similar posts, I can't find an answer to this particular question so apologies if it has been covered before!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
47 0 8

Hey Kate!

I'm Alex, from the Shopify support team.

This is mostly a waiting game - Google doesn’t always index new content right away. 

There are a couple things you can do to speed the process along, though! Firstly, you can re-submit your sitemap. Secondly, you can ask Google to recrawl your URLs. If you don't do either of these things, it'll likely update on its own soon, but Google can take anywhere from a few 30 days to update their search information for individual sites.

I hope this helps! Feel free to follow up here with any additional questions. 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks very much Alexandra! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
104 0 13

Hey Kate,

You can also use google.com/addurl - I've had sites index in 10 minutes using this.

Cheers

Alasdair

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks Alasdair!

0 Likes