Disconnecting second domain from myshopify

Moeketsi
2 0 0

Hi,

please help, I have linked xxxxx.myshopify.com to my xxxxxdog.com third-party domain for branding purposes, but it is also linked to my second domain xxxpulence.com, My second domain was managed by Shopify but I since transferred it to be hosted by another provider. I am unable to disconnect my second domain  xxxpulence.com to be used for another purposed. Your assistance will be appreciated.

Moeketsi

0 Likes
Alex23
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
522 1 104

Hey, Moeketsi!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

No problem!  You've entirely transferred it away from Shopify to be hosted by elsewhere, correct?  If that's the case, you should be able to change your DNS entries to point elsewhere for your new purpose within your control panel with your host.  On Shopify's end, all that should be required is to click on that little manage tab and remove it - we've instructions on removing domains with third parties as well as those hosted with Shopify in our help guides for more detail!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

Moeketsi
2 0 0

Thanks a lot Alex, your response was helpful.  On transfer, the domain failed to unlock for transfer as a consequence it remained connected, the issue has now been resolved.

0 Likes