Discount code - Limit to 1 time per customer

Shopify Partner
10 0 3

@iamkeir Thanks! Yeah, I have spent countless hours building my app to fill this product gap and as rpw stated, I wish that Shopify would make their product roadmap more visible.

There's always risk when you're building on someone else's platform, but it's even riskier when they don't share the roadmap.

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 1

Big thumbs up from me!

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 3

I understand the devs wanting better communication along the way, with that said, I'm also really grateful for this update!  Been a long time coming.  Thanks.

0 Likes
12 0 0

Thank you!!!!!  Long awaited feature indeed.

0 Likes
1 0 0

What about if a discount code is a fixed amount value, not a percentage and not all used at once?

For e.g. If a customer has a unique $100 code, speciic to them only, and does not want to use it all in the first go, will shopify calculate the remainder  and allow the same code to be used at a later time in the valid period?

Or does the customer have to use the entire code the first time?

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a discount code for new customers only, so customers who have never ordered before.  Essentially I'm trying to set up a negative criteria, so that all current/previous customers are excluded from using the discount code.  Is this possible at all?

Thanks,

Tristan

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a discount code for new customers only, so customers who have never ordered before.  Essentially I'm trying to set up a negative criteria, so that all current/previous customers are excluded from using the discount code.  Is this possible at all?

Thanks,

Tristan

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is also what we would like to have. First time customer discount codes seem like a no brainer. Pleaze post back if you figure it out! 

0 Likes