Discount code - Limit to 1 time per customer

Highlighted
Excursionist
36 0 31

Hi,

I want to limit this particular discount for 1 time use per customer. Can this be done?

There's only an option How many times can this discount be used? Does this apply to 1 customer or overall?

Thanks.

26 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
132 0 8

Hi Gwen,

You can use the free Bulk Discounts app to create a list of one-time-use discount codes to distribute to your customers.  Using the native Discount function, we cannot yet create a "once per customer" discount code.

Moreover, you can use the app to merge the discount codes with a newsletter campaign on MailChimp to distribute unique discount codes to a particular mailing list, one per customer.  

Cheers!  

0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 31

Hi Alek,

Hmm... I don't need a list of different one-time use discount codes. My aim is to create a discount code (Eg. Discount123) & this discount code can only be used once by all customers. Once the customer used it once, she can't use it again.

I read this document in the below link that "How many times this code can be used" determines if it is a one-time only discount. So i just want to confirm that it really works that way.

http://support.shopify.com/customer/portal/articles/75448-can-i-offer-my-customers-discounts-or-gift...

Thanks.

3 Likes
Excursionist
27 0 4

Me too, I have the same need as Gwen's.

I'm planning to send this one customer a 'one-time' coupon,
(because I wasn't able to process his order, I want to give him the coupon as a settlement)
but couldn't find the way to do it. It looks like there's no feature for that yet.

I don't think it'd be very hard for Shopify to add this function, so please add this option ASAP.

Thank you!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Me too need this functionality. I already distributed the code and now want to restrict the use of that code to only once for the customer. Have anybody done that or know how to do that? Help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

I would be interested in this as well.  Does anyone have the answer yet?  

Also, does anyone know how to make promo codes valid to new customers only (so that repeat customers can't use it on their orders)?  

Thanks!

2 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 16

Adding this feature would be really helpful.  We send out a printed coupon with each order and its just not feasible to print a separate one time code for each coupon.

1 Like
6 0 0

This would be useful to us also

0 Likes
1 0 3

I can't believe how so many people want such a simple feature yet Shopify doesn't seem to want to feature it?

Please Shopify, we love you, but this is such a simple request!

3 Likes
Shopify Partner
75 0 3

What situation are you in where using the bulk discount app wouldn't be appropriate instead? I can't think of one myself.

- Joel www.joeldrapper.com
1 Like