Discount code - Limit to 1 time per customer

3 0 0

Can you please tell me if "How many times can this discount be used?" means that if I choose '3', each customer can use the code 3 times? Or does it mean the code can only be used a total of 3 times on my site? I want to allow 3 discounts (using the same discount code)  per customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
36 0 31

Hi,

If you choose 3, the discount code can only be used a total of 3 times on your website. You won't be able to allow 3 uses per customer unless it is an unique discount code. You can't have a general discount code such that the system will be able to identify whether this customer has used it thrice and if yes, he/she will not be able to use it for the fourth time. Shopify lack of this feature...

1 Like
3 0 0

Hi Alek,

I want to create a 15% coupon that each customer can use just 3 times with no start or end date. If I choose '3' in this section: "How many times can this discount be used?" does this allow each customer 3 uses of the coupon or does this mean 3 uses of the discount code in total for my entire website?

0 Likes
Excursionist
75 0 12

@Alex I tried that method by creating a tag when customer creates a new account. So with this tag, they will be able to use the discount code and then thereafter removing the tag so that it will be only 1 time use. However, i faced issues of customers creating multiple accounts in order to use the one-time discount code. So, i gave up on that method. Haha.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you. How frustrating - it would be nice to have an app that allows website members a set number of coupon uses. Darn it - know of such an app??

0 Likes
2 0 0

So the function still not available? 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

+1 once per customer discount code ... Shopify please look into the solution

it is important and use in most online store, I am really surprise why is this feature not available?

2 Likes
1 0 1

Dear god yes, THIS a thousand times yes!

1 Like
Excursionist
14 0 10

YES,  we need a 1 time use per customer per coupon feature. simple logic, and so many people requested and talked on this on your forum!

with a single use coupon, we can do promotions on anywhere.. how can we promote when we have random coupon code?

this is a simple and common practice for a retailer, but shopify can't even offer this option.. rather stupid!

we can do promotions on all platforms like press release, blogs, ads, facebook etc using a single code.

how are we going to offer a code for new customers like use $10OFF code? we can't do this using random codes.

or a 20OFF discount code for your next order for current customers but they can only use 1 time.

SO, shopify doesn't read what we want? and doesn't understand the importance of a single use coupon code per customer? HELLO SHOPIFY!

shopify, please listen to our voices..
2 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 10

I like the ease of use in shopify portal and it's quite user-friendly. but if shopify continues to ignores customers voices and doesn't care the issues that we customers are facing, then they will see lots of customers leaving.. do a search on this forum, this simple feature has been requested so many times for so many years, and they can't even implement it? is it so difficult to implement a one time use per customer discount option?

shopify, please listen to our voices..
3 Likes