Discount code - Limit to 1 time per customer

2 0 0

I just want to add my vote for this feature.  It would be super useful.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Yep.  I just had to post on this forum too because I think it's a much needed feature.  To be quite honest, in researching carts I did not even look at this feature, because I thought it was an obvious one.  A bit suprise that Shopify has not already taken care of this.  I look forward to a correct remedy.  Having to use multiple discount codes to me is not really a solution.

1 Like
2 0 0

In it's native functionality, Magento Ecommerce allows a single coupon code to be generate that limited customers to 1 usage.  This functionality is very important when wanting to run basic triggered email marketing campaigns.

For example, let's say we want to send out a triggered email to every first time customer (via Springbot App) that provides a 15% OFF coupon on the customers next order.  We want to use one code like, 15OFF, so that we can easily include it in the bulk email template that every one will get, but we don't want the code to be used over and over.

This functionality would make things much easier.  As it stands, even if I use the Bulk Code Generator, how do I get each unique code into the emailer?

Bump!  this feature to be added.

0 Likes
1 0 1

I'm looking for this functionality as well.  If I have 50 products I want to offer for cheap, but don't want one person to buy all of them, there's nothing I can do.  Creating 50 unique codes isn't good enough because there's too much work to facilitate by sending emails back and forth. I want to blast out one code on social media and let people buy the products on a first come first serve basis. I would use this everyday and drive some serious sales. Ugh. 

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 1

Two years worth of customer requests and still no functionality on this? Really??

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 149

Hey all,

Thanks so much for continuing to post and give us this feedback. We're definitely watching this thread to get all of the great suggestions, and Discounts are something we're looking into.

We realize that our Discounts section leaves something to be desired right now, which is why there are some apps in the App Store to supplement the feature. We have great developers who work on the platform.

If you ever have something you think ought to be worked on by us, feel free to email support@shopify.com and make additional requests ( we keep an internal feature request board made from suggestions like this ! )

- Alex

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

One of our clients (http://ritualhockey.com/) is looking for this feature too... A "welcome" discount code (e.g. that would be given away upon newsletter sign up) that could only be used once by each customer.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
29 0 2

Thanx for the reply Alex, i just sent my request and hopefully others will too.  In the past i have seen features worked on based on interest, so if everyone send a message today, it can lead to progress!

0 Likes
12 0 0

Yes, thanks for the update Alex.  I'm still interested in this feature, and I'm sure all the others that posted previously are as well.  Hope you can push this through to be next in line for development.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 0 54

Thanks Alex! There are indeed some good apps in the app store, but without getting crazy with tagging on customers based off discount codes, and making special customer groups based off those tags there isn't a good way to hack this basic need together. Would be great if Shopify was able to just handle the need even if it ends up being a bit of a beast.

Thank you for letting us know we're being heard!

0 Likes