Discovered - currently not index in Google Console at my site CubanOne.com

Highlighted
Tourist
7 2 1

Hi,

My partner and I have been working on our site CubanOne.com - we sell hip hop pendants, earrings and chains for a couple of months. Right now, we are focusing in SEO work but I have a huge roadblock. 

I submitted my https://cubanone.com/sitemap.xml for over 2 months and I keep seeing the same message "Discovered - currently not index in Google Console" and nothing has changed since.

I tried reading my articles and posts from this forum, reddit and Quora but most answers are vague or "just wait"; I mean SEO is one of the biggest traffic source with high quality leads, how can I just "wait"?!?

I checked Google Help Center (not really helpful), it says the following possible issues (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7440203#discovered__unclear_status

Excluded by ‘noindex’ tag: I don't think this is the issue and I checked the tags and robot.txt .

Blocked by page removal tool: I don't think that was a the case because the site is new.

Blocked by robots.txt: I'm using Shopify standard robot.txt

Blocked due to unauthorized request (401): I don't think so.

Crawl anomaly: I don't think so either.

Crawled - currently not indexed: The page was crawled by Google, but not indexed. It may or may not be indexed in the future; no need to resubmit this URL for crawling. >>>>> Is this even possible for Shopify sites?

Discovered - currently not indexed:  I have been waiting for over 2 months and no news.

Alternate page with proper canonical tag: I don't think so.

Duplicate without user-selected canonical: It doesn't seem to be this issue either.

Duplicate, Google chose different canonical than user: Same as above.

Not found (404): Not true. All pages are found.

Page removed because of legal complaint: Brand new site, we are not even a big fish. Not the issue.

Page with redirect: Maybe Shopify does that?

Soft 404: Not true.

Duplicate, submitted URL not selected as canonical: Not true.

Where else should I change or look after? I don't know what to do. Any help or feedback will help a lot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
357 27 108

Hello @designium2020,

Make sure you have submitted a sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools for your pages. Also, Submit your site in Webmaster Tools as well, submit your individual pages and ask for them to be indexed.

I recommend you flare by Mansion Ecommerce which is a service intended for site owners, store owners, pro bloggers that don’t have the time or expertise to deal with GSC, Bing Webmaster Tool & myriad other tools on a daily basis. Bots like flare take care of the submissions for them verifiably. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Focus on creating content relevant to your customers, brand and business. Let flare worry about informing Google, Bing and many major search engines of your awesome content.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 2 1

Hi,

Thanks for your recommendations.

I did submit the https://www.cubanone.com/sitemaps.xml for both bing and Google console. 

Now, my next step is to submit each URL one by one; the issue is that there is a limit of 10 URL per day. Do you know if there is a way to submit more than that amount?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @designium2020, this is Victor - CRO expert at PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder 

When you submit your sitemap to Google, did you use Domain option or URL Prefix option? If you used URL Prefix, I'd recommend that you use Domain option since the Prefix option restricts the indexing to a specific url path. 

Screenshot (82).png

Next step, you should check the Index Coverage Report to see if any indexing errors were reported by Google. Without a clear look into your Search Console, this is the best solution I can think of at the moment. 

If you find my answer helpful, let me know with a Thumb Up

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @designium2020,

We cover sitemaps beginning at 9:45 of our video but I recommend you watch the whole video. Getting your website SEO done properly is soo important! We hear from a lot of store owners that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions so we’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience.

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature.

Best of luck!

Ecom Geeks | Design. Marketing. Traffic. Conversions.

Have a store to review? Get in touch!
YouTube - Ecom Geeks
ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 2 1

Hi PageFly,

Thanks for the answer. We used the domain option. Now, I've just checked the console and we are getting more index overtime. It's not 100% of them but Google indexed about 115 out of the 190 links we have.

I believe it's a matter of time and also we are promoting it more so perhaps Google is believing that the site is credible enough to  start indexing. 

I appreciate your help!

1 Like