Discrepancy in facebook conversion reporting, double counting conversions and under counting A2Cs

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi all,

We have been having issues with our facebook ads for 4+ months now. Our add to carts are being under-reported and our purchases are being double counted, making our ROAS a 20+ at all times. I have tried trouble-shooting as many ways as I can possibly find to no avail. We hired an expert who said they solved the problem and did not at all, so I am weary of hiring someone else without a solid recommendation. I removed any trace of the pixel I could find in our code and made sure it was only in the Shopify preferences. We also had FB events in our GTM (I did not set any of this up) and I removed them there, yet that wasn't the problem. 

From what I can figure out our pixel is hard-coded on our site somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot find it. I have checked our theme.liquid, our checkout custom coding, and every other liquid file I can possibly think of and yet I find nothing. I have read every pixel misfiring article google has to offer, and none of the solutions have worked. Has anyone ever experienced this problem before? Or have any ideas of where to look? At the least, I would love a solid recommendation of an expert you worked with for Facebook ads. I have spent countless hours (and dollars) working on this and I am close to ripping my hair out. 

Thank you in advance for all of your help,

Anna 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Anna

Sounds like a few people implemented FB pixels in different methods beyond the Shopify method. Have you tried using FB Helper to find the other code? This might be the next best way to find the code... just go through your site as a customer would and use the FB helper to try and find the code using the tool. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

--
Duane

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes