Do I need Email Marketing Service Provider?

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hello There,

I will start my shopify store soon, so I am trying explore as much as I can before starting. I know that email marketing is very important, but what I can't undesrtand why I need an Email Marketing Service Provider Like MailChimp?

While I am checking the shopify control panel, I get passed by Notifications, and I saw that it send automatic email to customer like, wlcoming, abandoned cart, order confirmation and much more?

So can anyone please help, If I really need it to boost my sales, please recommend a provider and a Shopify App.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1021 0 110

Hi Ayman! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

MailChimp is recommended for the merchants who want to send regular emails with promotions & newsletters to their customers - this platform collects email addresses, lets you organize them into lists, let people subscribe and you can fully customize your email templates to fit your store design and link images and text back to your website. These are different aspects of sending emails, and I do recommend sending regular newsletters through MailChimp [or other provider]. They say it's 60% cheaper to sell to a current customer than to find a new one :)

Maggie Tuczapska

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.com

Book your consultation with Online Business Analyst

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Learn how drop shipping supplier able to offer identical or better version of the product from other suppliers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

Thanks Maggie, this answer was fair enough :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

I'll answer your question another way; why you don't want to send emails for marketing from your personal address.

For one of our clients I send 2 million+ emails per month, the client is 100% hosted on Shopify and they send all of the standard emails like "order confirmation, recover cart, etc." and these are set from "support@" as the "from" field for these emails.

[ to clarify, if you're not aware Shopify sends the actual email but you can customize the from field in order to respond to replies and questions. ]

You needs these types of emails to always get through, the line of communication with your customer is precious and needs to always be clear..

...on the other hand marketing email, promotions you push out opted in or not, must contain under the SPAM Act an "unsubscribe / remove" option. Also Google and other ISP quickly indentify mass email as promtional and now offer up the option to "block" emails of this type right in the ISP interface - and without telling you they're doing it.

In other words if you send your marketing email out from "tracy@myshop.com" and you send your Shopify emails also out as "tracy@" it's possible your customer communications could be blocked.

MailChimp, and others, are good to get started with. MailChimp for example is free for the first 2,000 subscribers on your list. Also, MailChimp has a strict review and approval process that will help you starting out not make SPAMMY mistakes you weren't aware of, they'll flag anything they don't think is right and make you aware before sending. And that's good in the beginning when you're just getting your toe in the water, you don't want to be blacklisted for silly mistakes ( like sending the same message again and again and again and.... )

Oh, and a heads up on a Shopify Pro Power move - in the check-out process theirs the option for customers to "recieve promotions", if they check this they're flagged in the customer list as allowing you to market to them. MailChimp can't grab this automatically so schedule in your business calendar once a move to filter-and-export customer list that give you permission and import them into MailChimp. : )

Email Marketing works, but it's a relationship you have to manage carefully and respect their inbox. Craff a message targeted to your customers character and re-kindle why they bought from you in the first place.

Hope this helps. If you have Shopify problems getShopifySolutions.com

Stuck? Get Shopify Solutions. www.getshopifysolutions.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yes you must go with email marketing to promote your store, it will bring a flood of customers in weeks. I will prefer Yandex for this services because it has ability to hit the inbox of any email provider so the combination with oship.cc and yandex amaze you with results.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Not sure how a shipping company or a Russian based email service provider has anything to do with with marketing "Market Expert" as it seems most ".RU" address are blocked in the U.S. .... but who knows...

Stuck? Get Shopify Solutions. www.getshopifysolutions.com
0 Likes