Do I need the product type in the title for SEO?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi!

In Shopify there's the input field for product type. If I sell a t-shirt, and classify it that way in that field, must I also call the product 'very long sample funny phrase t-shirt' or may I omit 't-shirt' from the title?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @TheCoolCat

You'd still need product type in your title, since Shopify Product Type is mainly used for internal categorization. 

Note to optimize your on-page SEO, you need to edit the SEO title, not the Product Title, open your Product Page on Shopify -> Scroll down to the end you'll see option to edit SEO title for your product page. 

Screenshot (93).png

For example, if I want to rank for a T-shirt product, I would put very long sample funny phrase t-shirt there.  Make sure your Title is under 70 characters and must contain the keyword 

Screenshot (94).png

Let me know if my answer is of any help with a Thumb Up, or Like   

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @TheCoolCat,

A common mistake with SEO is using the wrong words, you have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We go into depth into everything in our video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some last minute graphics for your store for Black Friday, we released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes