Do email marketing services really work?

2 0 0

I have heard good and bad things about email marketing services. They claim to allow users to send spam free messages to thousands of leads. I don't want to spend the money if no one will ever get the message, or if it really is spam. Does these email marketing services work? Or does anyone have a low cost service they recommend?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
84 0 21

Email marketing works, yes. Services like Campaign Monitor (my preference) or MailChimp work great for helping you do this easily and effectively.

BUT... you have to have your own list of addresses to send to. Either current customers, an offline form where they sign up to receive emails, or an online form where they opt-in. I won't go into all the requirements here, but the bottom line is you have to develop your own list. Takes time and effort, but well worth it.

Any service offering to send emails to "thousands of leads" for you is spam. There are nuances here, and some cases are more clear cut than others, but in general anytime you send (or have someone send on your behalf) bulk email to recipients who are not expecting it, you're spamming.

0 Likes
7 0 0

The best results with email marketing are get with a clean email list (customers who opted to allow marketing and people who subscribed to your marketing list) and keeping good offers, that's all. There are some very good apps in shopify (as abandonapp and respondify) to make your life easier.

You can read something about email marketing in my blog:

http://www.shopfrogs.com/abandoned-carts/

http://www.shopfrogs.com/respondify-and-analytics/

www.shopfrogs.com // Marketing dude // AbandonApp // Respondify
0 Likes
4 0 0

hi everyone! Who know site where all marketing types is?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Email marketing, when used properly, is one of the most cost-effective tools you can use to communicate with your customers, clients, or membership groups. But the ability to send email doesn't mean your mailing will get opened and read. Nor does it mean those who do open the mail will be interested in your offers or click on links to your web site.An email marketing service delivers your emails with proper protocols, and a good one develops relationships with ISPs to be sure their customers' permission-based email gets through. Look what is email marketing to know it in more better way!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
99 0 1

Hey all! Great discussion.

My $0.02:

Even the cheaper ESP's (email service providers) can typically hook directly into your website and pass data back and forth that allows for greater segmentation and trigger-based emails.

These trigger-based email capabilities are really powerful because they allow me greater control of the customer acquisition funnel. I can hit a potential customer with the exact right message at the exact right time based on the products they were viewing on my site, how long it has been since they visited my site, and what messages they have already received.

We had a long discussion about this topic on our blog. Check it out:

Hope that helps!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
99 0 1

Great post!

As for email, people love to debate ESP versus CRM. Tough call.

Personally, as an email person, I have a preference to work in a more built out ESP. Typically because most of the data that I've found useful for email segmentation has come from interaction with email.

In my experience, when running automation, ESPs can do more things on the fly than a CRM, making testing easier and more meaningful. But it’s not an either/or issue. It’s likely that you’ll need both platforms to execute your priorities.

We did a compare/contrast here on our blog, if you're interested: https://bit.ly/2xF8neG

Hope that's useful!

Good luck

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes