Does My Landing Page make you want to Stay?

Highlighted
6 0 0

What would you ad or change?  Does it appear trustworthy? if not, what can i do to make it look that way.  I am not much traffic or sales, and i need honest feed back and solutions.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 17

Hi Christie,

The first impression - Hello from 2000s! You definetely need a new, modern theme. All images (except product ones) are low quality, overoptimized - logo, carousel, etc...

The text on home page is hard to read because of the font and small line height.

I think better, modern look will make your visitors feel more comfortable and safe.

Advanced Shopify Apps ● Follow Up Email ● Automatic Related Products ● Help Desk
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 0 9

Hey Christie,

I'm so sorry but I'm going to give you a little tough love here.

The site design is really bad. It does not look like a theme you bought, so how did you come up with that design?

I'd suggest buying a theme from  https://themes.shopify.com - all of the themes there are really good and will instantly give your store a much better look.

Also - why would you put watermarks on your images? Even if someobody does copy your images  how would that affect your store? Images withotu watermarks hovewer will appear much more nicer to buyers.

The offering is great but you really need to change the logo & site design.

- Kris

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks for your honest critique.  I did buy this theme from shopify.  And spent a lot of money for it.  Can you tell me how you suggest it be changed? is it the layout?  colors? etc.  Yes, I know watermarks are an issue.  But, are neccessary.  I could look at doing a different type of watermark.  One that is not so intrusive.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1021 0 110

Hi Christie,

I'm happy to help, I currently offer free website critiques. I have also dropped you an email.

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi, could you please take a look at my website ?  Its an unusual novelty product.  Just opened the site this weekend.  I've done no advertising yet.   www.thehappybutton.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@ Nancy - The blue font threw me off right away. I think if you are going with Black & White or Sepia, you should go with a gentler font, maybe brown or black font. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 4

Hey Christie,

3 questions your visitor needs to answer in the first 8 seconds-

1. What do you do/where am I? I think that is fairly obvious for your site.
  2. Why should I stay? This one isn't clear. Why would I buy from your store vs anyone elses. This would be your unique positioning in the market.
  3. What do you want me to do next? This one isn't answered either. Any given page on your website should have one call to action that is the primary action you want that visitor to take when they land.

Now as far as current layout/theme/template issues. The above critques are accurate. Here's what makes your site feel outdated:

1. Navigation - Shadowed, rounded, gradient, are all older standards. Today it's flat UI design delivered in a more scrollable or parallax enviroment.
  2. Layout - Kinda like above but this relates more to the content and page distribution. Left nav isn't a complete no-no if the above is done right but when you add to above it makes ut look dated. 
  3. The celebrity carousel has no basis for existing and is low quality
  4. Product images are not uniform in theme and I agree that the water marks are intrusive and generally unnessicary. 
  5. Logo needs to be updated. Image and font and quality of media used needs to be brought current. 
  6. No footer
  7. Font choice is dated and in some cases hard to read with the current line spacing.

All of these things though are secondary to answering the first 3 questions I posted. 

I hope this provides a little direction.

Cheers,

-L

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey!

I would like you to check my landing page because I'm in need of some ideas how to spice it up!

Thanks in advance- www.wooddeer.com

0 Likes