I did the plain Crawl for the feed and am not using an app or anything. I tried the API / Shopify app but had a few weird errors with things being denied. Google Crawl approved everything for Standard listing and there were no issues but realizing now that I don't have a lot of the extra fields that were available in the app. What are all of you using for your feed?
I have GTIN for about half of my products but missing it for a good many. The manufacture does not have the missing ones. Not sure why.
My questions are:
1) So is it all or nothing? Do I have to set GTIN to false in the rules since I am missing about half?
2) Shopify does not have MPN field but MPN is same as SKU. Why is this coming up blank? all products have skus entered.
3) Did for brand. Would brand be the manufacturer or my brand?
4) All my standard listings are approved but Enhanced aren't. Is not having the GTIN and these other fields going to disqualify me?
Thanks for any help!
Google Webcrawler is not a great use of importing data, this should only be used if anything else fails.
1) You need to abb bar codes if the manufacturer has assigned them. In this case set GTIN, Brand and set identifier exists to yes
If the manufacturer has not assigned a bar code, remove brand, gtin, mpn and set identifier exists to no.
2) As you are using a web crawler, you need to make sure the SKU is assigned in your structured data. You can set this up here: https://feedarmy.com/kb/shopify-microdata-for-google-shopping/
3) Yes, but only add this if you have official bar codes
4) Enhanced listings require a high trust factor, to learn more: https://feedarmy.com/kb/requirements-for-enhanced-listings-on-surfaces-across-google/
Thanks for your response.
I have one manufacturer who has SOME bar codes so I am not really sure how I would go in and set some to identifier exists and some to no. It is super random.
I also did away with the crawler and went back to the content API from Shopify. I realized that non of my variants were included in the crawl and it was missing some things. Everything has been accepted Standard Listing.
I don't understand if I have the sku for all items, I would want to set identifier exists to NO if i am missing barcodes on those items. Isn't a SKU/brand with no barcode better than none of the above?
Thanks for that link on Enhanced. I am a brand new store so no reviews so are you saying there is no chance of me being approved for Enhanced listings in at least six months?
You will need to update on a product per product basis in Shopify. Add the barcode and brand, then I think you also need to update the Shopify Google Shopping app for product identifiers. This is actually something that automatically updates in my application. But with Shopify I believe you need to do some extra work.
The rule for product identifier is as per my previous post. Doing anything else will put the products at rist of disapproval.
Enhanced listings is new, just from April this year. Nobody knows the requirements as Google does not release it. So your guess is as good as mine. Simply work towards the points I have made in the article to increase the chances.