Doing SEO a few months for a website, but does not rank higher. Any suggestions ?

Highlighted
2 0 0

How is it going, pals?

I am currently doing SEO for a website for a company called Frank Rubbish Removal.

Although i have put a lot of work in it, it still doesn't go to the higher positions in the UK search engines. Picking up the right keywords and writing original content doesn't seem to have the effect i want it to have. I do not get it.

Please, help, if you have had the same problem, or are still struggling with this, share your opinion about it.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 84

Hey there!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Sorry to hear that you're not seeing the results that you'd like! We've got a couple of resources that you might find helpful - there's a guide on SEO right over here that you may find helpful, and if you hadn't already done so, I'd highly suggest submitting your sitemap to Google. We've also got a great video series right over here that might help out.

If those options aren't quite what you're looking for, you could also always reach out for help from our listing of third-party experts for hire - you can check them out right over here!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

1 Like
Tourist
1 0 1

Here’s what I did for a Shopify store to get them from 1,500 to 10,000 visitors in just under 6 months. 

Here was my strategy:

• I researched all the relevant keywords for my niche using Google Keyword Planner.
  • I now use SEMrush’s Keyword Magic Tool because it’s ridiculously awesome (note: I’m not affiliated with SEMrush, I just love their software).
  • The trick is to aim for search terms that have a Keyword Difficulty (KD) of 70% or below. I don’t have a scientific answer for this, but I’ve had a lot of success with targeting keywords at or under 70% KD.
  • I exported the data to Excel and created keyword groups with 3–5 keywords in each group
  • I then created blog posts for each topic where I aimed for 1% keyword usage
  • I also made sure to reach out to bloggers and I asked them if they wanted to work together in anyway. For the ones who wanted to work with me, I sent them a link to one of my posts and they give me a backlink for it.
  • I also cleaned up my technical SEO errors using SEMRush. That helped immensely!
  • I made good use of images and made sure they all had short descriptive alt tags

With this method, I was able to beat companies like Amazon, Walmart and more.

Also, be sure to use the Shopify App Store! There are some great SEO apps like SEO Manager that do a good job of helping you manage SEO. There are plenty of awesome apps that can help you with recovering lost sales, chatting with customers and more!

This was just a high level overview, but hope this helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Couple of things. SEMRush is golden for competitor research.

1. Find out words you can rank for

2. Look what your competitors are doing

3. Look at the backlinks they are buidling (Seems you are buidling)

4. Replicate what they are doing, but do it better

5. Focus on higher traffic keywords and get your rank in the 9-10 to the top 3 to start seeing traffic.

I took a screenshot of SEMRush for you. Honestly, you seem to be going in the right direction. SEO takes time.  I would suggest what ecomconsultant suggested for you with strategy. 

Great job so far, you are on the right track you just need to keep pushing and find all the right details.

I share free information to business owners to grow their business. I am also working on my next project, a Sales CRM to help you organize your contacts and grow your sales!
1 Like