Double Opt In for Newsletter

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 23

Hi,

how can i activate the double opt in for newsletter marketing?
I didn't found the option.

My account is connected with mailchimp for email marketing. Or do i have to activate it in Mailchimp?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 23

Is it possible?

I think it has to happen before Mailchimp, so in Shopify.

Has no one else this question?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9852 98 1618

How are you adding customers to your mailchimp list? Via a form, or via an automated app sync?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 23

Hi Jason,

via an automated app sync.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I have the some problem - mailchimp is sending out double opt-in mails when a customer signs up using the pop-up. But how can I activate this double opt-in mail when a customer signs up using the standard shopify newsletter form?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi there,

same problem here. Any ideas on how to fix this?!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
199 1 34

I'm having the same problem...most sign-ups through the newsletter form in my Minimal footer are not genuine. I can either sort them manually or risk my Mailchimp account by testing each email with a welcome letter. They aren't getting sent over to Mailchimp anyway, and I can't always figure out which are real, and my real customers are not getting a timely email. It's pretty terrible. Worse than not having a sign up. How could this continue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any answer for this yet?  Im getting many sign ups from the footer newletter sign up box, but noone is receiving the verication email, even though ive set it up in mailchimp and have shopify connected.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

We´re also looking for a solution to this.. Anyone has come up with a workaround for the double opt in?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 0 9

Hi Patrick,

Surprised no one's responded with an answer here yet. Here's how you activate/deactivate double opt-in with MailChimp:

1. Click Audience.
  2. On the right side, close to the top, click Manage Audience then Settings.
  3. Click Audience name and campaign defaults.
  4. Under Form settings, check (or uncheck) Enable double opt-in.
  5. Scroll to the bottom and click Save Audience And Campaign Defaults.

Hope this helps!

Brandon

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
0 Likes