Duplicate GA tracking

Solved
1 0 0

We have developers build our store while we just realized that it has two GA tracking codes firing (our GA code and extra tracking code).

The extra one is "UA-116858069-1", and it may come from Shopify payment while I cannot figure out how to remove it.

There are several tracked pages have it:

/buyflow/merchant_page/pay_frame_requested

/buyflow/merchant_page/initialize_payments_client

/buyflow/merchant_page/pay_frame_loaded_with_all_js

/buyflow/merchant_page/pay_frame_loaded

/buyflow/merchant_page/is_ready_to_pay_api_true

Hostnamewww.google-analytics.com
Protocolhttps
Path/collect

Did anyone face this before and know how to resolve it? Thanks so much!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
529 27 57

Hi, @resphichen !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and welcome to our Community here.

Thanks so much for providing as much context as you have, this is super helpful.

I understand that you are using Shopify Payments. Do you have Google Pay Dynamic checkout linked with this by any chance? On stores that have Google Pay dynamic checkout enabled, this will then display an extra Analytics tag on the pages with the Google Pay button -  which seems to be in line with the tracked pages you have listed. To date this has been appearing as UA-116858069-1 (though this may change in future).

If you do have Google Pay enabled this is likely the cause, in which case this tag is contained within the Google Pay checkout button's iframe and will not affect any tracking on your store.

Do have check in with your developers to see. If you need a hand or have any questions feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like