Ecomm Sales Trends - Coronavirus effecting everyone?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello all!

I wanted to see if in general everyone is feeling a slump in sales this March from the Coronavirus and stock market right now? What is everyone doing to prepare for a possible longer term slump? Increasing or decreasing marketing spend right now? 

Hopefully people will be resorting to more online shopping at home! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

@VanessaVW wrote:

Hello all!

I wanted to see if in general everyone is feeling a slump in sales this March from the Coronavirus and stock market right now? What is everyone doing to prepare for a possible longer term slump? Increasing or decreasing marketing spend right now? 

Hopefully people will be resorting to more online shopping at home! 

@VanessaVW different industries are impacted differently. Shops that have work from home equipment like laptop stands, cable extenders etc are seeing an increase because a lot of people have been ordered to work from home. Other businesses for example in the event or travel industry are crashing. So, the idea is that you have to act accordingly. 

If you are in an industry that is impacted, I would focus on content marketing for now, not ads. It has to be a slow burn. Also, look to optimise internally. See if existing clients are happy with their orders. Research suppliers, Send surveys etc. 

This is my plan. Things will get better. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 2 3

If you're not in the travel or events business and have the inventory and resources to get your products to customers then this should be one of the best times for you. Lately, we've been working a lot for the customers that fit those criteria and content on Pinterest is getting traction faster since there is fewer people posting and more users browsing.

Also across the platform, we've been noticing an increase in engagements and a higher return on ad spend.

Working on generating revenue with Pinterest for my clients.
0 Likes