Email discount code to new newsletter customers

Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Hello community,

I was wondering if there any way to email a discount voucher as soon as the customer signs up to your newsetter, rather that send it yourself manually at a later stage. This is very common in many eshops but I cannot find any such functionality in the Admin page (i.e. notification, customer etc)

Thanks a lot in advance

Dress your attitude
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

If you use mailchimp for your list, you can set it up as an automation. if you are using the free mailchimp, automation is an additional fee. To get around this, I've been using Klaviyo and have synced my mailchimp to it. I have set it up so that once someone signs up to my mailchimp list, Klaviyo sends a discount code. I hope this helps!

www.codahair.com

2 Likes
Explorer
238 0 20

I am using the Swell Rewards, which has automation. I now have to figure Mail Chimp out so I can actually MAKE the newsletters LOL

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Thanks for your heads up to Klaviyo. Is it also possible through Klaviyo to send a different discount code to each customer? Either by importing bulk codes, or by pointing Klaviyo to get them them directly from your Shopify Discounts

Dress your attitude
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, I am using MailChimp and Coupon Courier! :) I use Bulk Coupon to create codes in bulk and import them to the coupon courier app.

0 Likes
1 0 1

I'm thinking of doing this too... maybe just setting up one discount code that has a year expiry date, but setting it to be single use per customer.

What is a good value to use for the discount?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
16 0 4

I have a pop up on my store that gives 'new' customers a coupon code for joining our email list.  I recently found out that a percentage (15-20%) are using a new email everytime to get a new code.  I'm rethinking this,  Instead, I'm considering giving them something else and saving the coupon code for a future email. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Swell + Bulk Discounts works for me

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi Nikos,

There is an app called Spently, which is an app that allows you to create custom Shopify email notifications. When a customer creates an account on your store, they will automatically receive a confirmation email to let them know the account was created. With Spently, you can customize the new account email to your liking (as well as all other Shopify notification emails) and one of the great features that Spently offers is the ability to include dynamically generated coupon codes in any notification email sent through Shopify.

Spently gives you the option to offer dynamic or single use coupon codes with a dollar amount or a percentage discount...and they tie right into your discount code generator on your shopify admin. Check them out on the app store or here: http://spently.com.

If you don't want to pay for an app, you can always add your own static coupon in any notificaiton email template on your Shopify admin and the custoemr will receive the coupon in the notification email when it is sent to them. 

Another option is to find apps that offer coupons for customers that join your mailing list. There are a ton of them on the app store. Good Luck!

0 Likes
17 0 0

One discount Code, with Expiry Date - 1Use works (as Sarah Brown said). Also what we do is that,  When you ship customer's items, we include a discount card for their next purchase. Lots of our customer uses them when they reorder. People also like to have a physcal card, more than emails. It is more personal. 

We tried Swell, people dont use the points somehow... and bulk discount is way too complicated. Keep it simple. 

0 Likes