Email marketing (Mail Chimp)?

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

I want to run email marketing for my eCommerce website, my friends suggest me "Mail chip" is good. what are the disadvantage in this website. Anyone suggest me some other best and cheap email marketing websites.

OhYes77
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Excursionist
29 5 6

I would honestly not suggest it. They've removed a lot of features that used to be free, and have some hidden costs.

Moosend is great. I'm not affiliated with them, but they serve all the needs that MailChimp couldn't fill for me, and they're free for the first 1000 subscribers.

If I was able to help you, please help me by liking my comment and marking it as an accepted solution.
If you're feeling extra nice, you can throw a coffee at me through Venmo @scoducks :)

I am open to new business partnerships-- let me know if you need someone to help out with design, product management, social media, marketing, or SEO!
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Dear ohyes77,

Mailchimp is no more supporting with Shopify. So it is better to use privy or klaviyo

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Get Shopify Help | Get Free Store Audit Report
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Mailchimp is in fact the most popular email marketing service with over 60% market share, and it's perfectly fine for the beginning.

It's true that Shopify and Mailchimp officially split their ways in May last year, but they can still work together through ShopSync.

Mailchimp has tightened the free plan, for example, multi-step automations are now available only in paid plans, nevertheless, you can still use Mailchimp for free up to 2000 contacts.

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
1 Like
Highlighted

Conversio or Privy would be better option.

Please check the detailed comparison at https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Apps/Mailchimp-alternatives-and-integration-apps/m-p/500290#...

@ohyes77 wrote:

I want to run email marketing for my eCommerce website, my friends suggest me "Mail chip" is good. what are the disadvantage in this website. Anyone suggest me some other best and cheap email marketing websites.

---
Hire Shopify Developer

Hire Developers on Demand
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
285 29 66

Hi, @ohyes77!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Email marketing is a great way to acquire new customers, boost engagement, and retain existing customers. In fact, email marketing is an integral part to running an eCommerce business. While there are plenty of email marketing apps in the Shopify App Store, it looks like you've already received some great suggestions.  

If you'd like to use Mailchimp, then as @LukaszWiktor mentioned, you'll want to use ShopSync in order to connect Mailchimp with Shopify. With ShopSync, you'll be able to sync all information in your Shopify store to Mailchimp, including your customers, orders, and products. If you decide to go with Mailchimp, then you'll just need to make sure to install ShopSync to connect the two. ShopSync also has some information on how to connect your Shopify store with Mailchimp you can check out here

Aside from Mailchimp, you may be interested in checking out an app called Seguno. This one has a free plan, great reviews, and also includes a drag-and-drop email builder, much like Mailchimp. It also includes a robust reporting system, offers dynamic product recommendations for customers, and has a direct integration with Shopify's own marketing and communications app, Kit, allowing you to automatically email new blog posts so that your subscribers are always in the loop.

Another really popular option is Klaviyo. Like Seguno, this one also offers a drag-and-drop builder. A few other key features include the ability to integrate with customer loyalty rewards apps like Swell and Smile.io, and high-level insights so you can track how your email campaigns are performing. 

As you begin crafting your email campaigns, I highly suggest checking out our guide, Email Marketing 101: How to Build Your List, Send Effective Campaigns, and Track Results. This guide includes a ton of great tips on what kind of emails to send and how you can measure the success of your email marketing campaigns. What kind of content are you looking to include in your emails? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

As Mailchimp is very expensive for large customer lists and has exceptionally bad support in my experience, I'm considering building my own tracking and sending mail server.

Can anyone tell me what Klaviyo's reputation is with regards to spam status? Do emails get to inboxes? I would image a lot of dropshippers with bad practices have used Klaviyo's mail services? 

Just trying to help out.

We are web app developers, SEO ethousiasts, and do all kinds of other cool internet things.
Check us out at https://public-apps.com
0 Likes