Embedded Wordpress Recent Blog Posts

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 6

I would like to display my 4-6 most recent Wordpress blog posts on my Shopify home page. Any suggestions how to embed these blog posts so they link to the Wordpress original and are updated as new posts are published?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
329 32 71

Hi, @Paul78!

Julie here from the Shopify Support team. It’s great to hear that you’re blogging. Blogging is an excellent way to build a long-term audience. Paired with running an ecommerce business, blogs can really boost sales by converting your audience into customers.

Adding your most recent Wordpress blog posts onto your Shopify homepage is definitely doable with an app called BlogFeeder. This app allows you to import your posts directly from Wordpress into Shopify. Once your posts are imported, new posts will automatically sync. BlogFeeder is also a great way to increase conversions and SEO, as both your blog posts and your online store would be hosted on the same domain.

To have these posts displayed on your Shopify homepage would depend on the theme you’re using. If you’re currently using a theme that already supports that option, then the imported posts from Wordpress will appear on your homepage. Most themes that have the homepage blog section also allow you to specify how many posts you’d like displayed. If your theme doesn’t support this, you can always get in touch with a Shopify Expert to have this feature coded in.

Shopify also has a built-in blog feature. Is there a reason why you’re wanting to stick with Wordpress as opposed to Shopify? Managing your blog directly through Shopify would help simplify your workload, giving you the ability to manage both your online store and blog in one place. You can learn more about Shopify’s built-in blog engine and its features here

If you’re wanting to stick with Wordpress, it’s always a good idea to add a link to your external blog on your Shopify store, and a link to your Shopify store on your Wordpress blog. Not only will this improve SEO with backlinks, but it will also make it easier for customers to access both your store and your blog. If you haven’t already done so, I’d recommend adding a link to your blog in the main menu of your Shopify store. We have a help doc with some instructions on how to do so here.

I think you’ll find the BlogFeeder app pretty useful. Just keep in mind that this app is $9.99/month, so there will be a charge added to your Shopify subscription invoice if you choose to install it. If you have any questions about it, you can always find the developers’ contact information under the Support section of their app page. We also have a help doc here outlining how you can get app support. Let me know if this helps!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes