Embedding Videos with HTML Code

kgoodman
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

The video is pretty small. How would I go about making it larger?

0 Likes
LAVAfirstsight
1 0 0

Hello, 

I'm having trouble adding a thumbnail to a custom HTML I added. The code I used is below: 

<video controls="controls" style="max-width: 100%; height: auto;">
<source src="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/(my video link is here)" type="video/mp4">" type="video/mp4">

I want to add an image that I have saved on my site so that the image is the first thing you see to press play instead of the black screen. PLEASE HELP! 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
frontiera
12 0 0

i, I want to uplod video and change to mp4 link but where is the setting > files area of admin?????? ????

You can use a code like this one to embed another video. Simply upload your video to the settings>files area of your admin and replace the link.mp4 bit with your own CDN link. 

0 Likes
KarenK1
1 0 0

Hi Savannah_F,

I have copied you code into my site. I get the video frame - but no video. Do you have an idea? 

Warm regards

Karen

0 Likes
SunnyMoe
1 0 0

I want to do this except I am definitely not a coder. Where does this code go?

0 Likes
jmerritt
2 0 0

Hi Savanah,

I am using pagefly to enter in videos.  I want them to pop up in a player thats larger when they are clicked on.  Is that possible with the HTML Code. The videos are both hosted on youtube or vimeo.

https://www.thecollectiveconsciousness.com/pages/videos

0 Likes
Selina_Clarissa
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Savannah, thanks for the great advice and code snippet!
But is there a ways or further code snippet to make the embedded video responsive? Thx!

0 Likes
Royals430
1 0 0

Where do I put this poster section in my product page HTML code?

0 Likes
csj777
1 0 0

Where do I paste this code?

0 Likes
Dersh
1 0 0

Where do I paste the code you mention to show the thumbnail and also play the video? I am using the code below (from thread) to play the video but not sure where to put your thumbnail code.  

<video width="320" height="240" controls="controls">
  <source src="link.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
  <source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg" />
Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

0 Likes