Excluding styles from a discount code

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone!! I am planning on doing a spring cleaning sale on my website. I want to exclude new items. Does anyone know a way to exclude specific styles from a discount code? I can't for the life of me figure it out!

THANKS!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 29 81

Hey, Leigh! 

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :) 

At the moment, there is no way to exclude certain products from a discount code I’m afraid. Discount codes can be applied to several products/collections, or to a customer's entire order. (Take a look at this guide on how discounts can be applied here!) 

However, you can use this workaround to exclude certain products from a discount code! You can create a hidden collection and add all your products to it, but *exclude* the products you would like to exclude from the discount code. Then, you can apply the discount code to that collection! So you would be excluding the products from the collection, then applying the discount to that collection. 

It would be faster for you to create a manual collection if you have a lot of products in stock. There is a guide here on creating a collection. 

Alternatively, you can take a look at some of these Bulk Discount apps here. They will help you manage your discount codes! Would any of those option work for you? 

Allowing for a more streamlined way to apply discount codes is something our development team is actively working on. So hopefully, there will be an easier and more efficient way to do this in the future!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help :)

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes