FB Ads data is not matching Shopify conversion data

Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi,

We are running fb ads for our ecomerce website, and getting few conversion on almost daily basis. Today, I got a conversion from FB Ads (Checked in FB Ads Reporting), but shopify is showing coversion source "direct" and in conversion summary it is showing nothing.

Then I checked my data from 1 Jan to 12 Jan 2018 in both reporting tools and find out that FB is showing 26  website purchases through FB ads, but In shopify, it is showing only 9 conversions.

Can someone please explain where is the problem?

1 Like
Excursionist
39 0 7

Hi Saurabh, 

Good to see you have raised this query. There is always data discrepancies between Shopify reporting & Facebook ad manager reporting. This is due to following reason:

Third-party reporting platforms aren't able to measure cross-device conversions well because most use cookie-based measurement. People represent themselves on Facebook which allows for unique user ID tracking, resulting in conversions that are captured more accurately. Cross-device conversions from ads are common. Mobile conversions tend to be underreported by third-party platforms that measure with cookies.

From Facebook Adv center.

Let me help you in understanding this in a simple manner: 

Let's assume a person clicks on a Facebook ad for your product but didn't purchase at that time. But later browses your website (directly) and decides to purchase, facebook will fall that purchase under that campaign. Whereas Shopify will consider that as a Direct purchase. This is due to "Last Click Attribution".

As you can see in this image, the visitor coming from Organic Search is attributed to Paid Search.

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your reply.

One more thing, Is it possibly a bug of analytics as analytics showing a conversion from PPC, but AdWords Showing 0 conversion and Shopify showing that conversion from direct source?

0 Likes
Excursionist
39 0 7

No, not a bug. But it's all about attribution. And third-party reporting tools faced this issues quite often. Will suggest you to use UTM parameters if you're not.

Get 14 days FREE access of Browser Push Notifications at apps.shopify.com/izooto-web-push
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Facebook ads are showing 8 add to cart but in Shopify admin there are no orders and only one abandoned cart. There were no changes in the last 12 hours. Did you encounter this type of issue?

Many thanks

Amalia

Bebelinda.com

0 Likes

Here is my question? Are you running the Facebook campaign for Brand Awareness or Conversion?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Conversion...

0 Likes

I see, technically your ad campaign has indirectly effect to your conversion because the saw your ads in Social Media.

Actually, my theory is they saw your ads but they are in research mode because most of the customers are looking for durable clothes but affordable that's why they visit directly to your product page. 

Technically, the customers have a behavior when then purchase a product

1. Research Mode - They looking for the price of product and testimonials.

2. Comparison - More better and durable product

3. Purchase Mode - When customer has decided to buy a product.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hey guys, 

My kind problem is that fb ads reporting shows 8 purchases from a WC campaign and I have received on my shopify only 3. Could you explain that please? How I am going to solve this issue? 

Thanks

1 Like
1 0 0

I am having the same problem

0 Likes