Been banging my head on this for the last 2 days, hopefully, someone can help me figure out the unchecked checkbox.
What I've done:
Created Pixel on Business Manager Account which is tracking data (as shown on print screen)
Created FB Catalog with CSV data feed, with matching ID's
created catalog manually initially; didn't work.
created catalog trough Shopify integration; didn't work.
Is there anything obvious that I'm missing?
I feel like this should be way easier then what I've been through.
Thanks for your reading time, and your help.
Solved! Go to the solution
Paula here from Shopify. Good question!
Considering all your screenshots and error presented it looks like you are trying to associate your product catalog with your Facebook Pixel.
I must clarify that products catalog is owned by Shopify. This is the behaviour expected when the Facebook channel is connected to any Shopify store! It is not possible (or required) to change the ownership of this catalog.
Because of this, the merchant needs to create a separate, self owned product catalog and add a product 'feed' to it instead.
You then need to add your feed URL to a new product catalog following these steps:
1) Open your FB business manager account then click assets > catalogs:
2) Click ‘create catalog’:
3) Select a category such as ‘e-commerce’:
4) Select ‘upload product info’ and ensure you own the catalog:
5) View the newly created catalog then click product data sources > add data source > add new product:
6) Select ‘use data feeds’:
7) Select ‘set a schedule’ then paste the feed URL provided by Flexify:
8) You can then connect your Facebook pixel to your catalog by going to event data sources > connect to tracking:
9) Then select your pixel ID from the list of available pixels (ensuring it matches the one that’s been added under online store > preferences in your Shopify account). Then click ‘done’:
After those steps this catalog can now be used for dynamic ad purposes.
Hope that helps and don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions.
All the best, Paula.
Paula | Language Care Guru @ Shopify
- A minha resposta foi útil? Clique em Curtir para me dizer!
- Sua dúvida foi respondida? Clique em Aceitar Solução
Thanks @Paula that worked like a charm.
My inside nerd still wanted to know why I didn't work in the first place, and it might help other people to figure it out.
So the problem is a simple wording ambiguity.
I was trying to match Shopify's given "content_ids" (from Pixel Helper) with the "Content ID" in my facebook catalog.
The solution is that the Shopify's given "content_ids" has to match the "Item Group ID"
"Content ID" is for the product variation number!
Anyways it works for me!
I'm still going to set up the Feed trough CSV for easier bulk update.
Thank you for you time!
(I appreciate the fact that you also uploaded explanatory pictures like I did)
Apologise for the late answer, hope you've either figured it out or that this answer will help you.
So to the ID's;
Shopify's product ID you CAN NOT change. You can find out the ID given by Shopify with the help of a browser extension called Facebook Pixel helper.
And so your only option is to change the ID where you can.
Which in this case is in your facebook catalogue.
Now, there's a couple ways to do this:>
Let me know if this helped you out.
|4 hours ago|
|9 hours ago|