FB ads - clicks but no sales

3 0 0

Hi,

I've started my store 6 weeks ago and have spent $200 on FB ads but only got 1 sale.

I have tried several different audiences and products.

I'm using Conversion - View Content ads to get data for my pixel.

I've started to create lookalike audiences based on my website traffic (600 visitors in 6 weeks). No idea if this will work though.

When should I start using Add to cart/Purchase conversion ads instead of View Content? Will this help?

Is it because I'm targeting the wrong audience or because my product pages aren't good enough?

http://mypurryfriends.com

Thx a lot in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
917 129 123

Hello ,

As I can see your website looks Good.

Well.., Many things matters to drive more results from existing traffic. Let’s take a closer look at the strategies, might useful to you.

Ads Intelligence: While serving ads on online market, there are many competitors who beat us. More on attractive infographics, gorgeous offers and eye-catching content makes ads more successful and stand in front of competitors. So the content can work smarter, and not harder, for you.

Landing Page Optimization: An important part of high converting. Ads can drive traffic on website but we need to make sure that are our landing pages or website is complete user-friendly and fully potentials to convert users into leads for the sales.

Campaign Optimization:

• Facebook Audience Optimization (Determine the right audience for your posts or ads)
  • Add interest based group
  • Exclude the non-relevant group
  • Add lookalike audience
  • Targeted location
  • Targeted Demographics (Age & Gender)
  • Bidding strategy Optimization
  • Optimization Goals

Optimization for Ads Delivery: if you optimize your ad campaign for Conversions, Facebook will deliver your ads to the people who are most likely to convert after seeing your ad. Basically, you’re telling Facebook’s algorithms what your anticipated results are and who should see your ads.
Conversion strategy will work only if your audience database is eligible or your saved audience have enough conversion data of audience. There should be at least 50 conversions in your Facebook to set up the Conversions as an ad delivery result.
I would recommend to keep the “view content” till collect the conversion audience database for Facebook pixel.
Also as mentioned above check with other optimization such as Ads Intelligence, Landing Page Optimization*
Hope this will help you to get more result.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire us .
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
70 6 12

Hey, @MyPurryFriends!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Congratulations on your new store launch!

Site Feedback

I think you've done a great job on your site. It's well thought out and built with your customer in mind. There is only one item that might help to modify. The pop up that shows up when the site loads is a spin wheel:

alt

This is not necessary to change however it can improve your email subscriber growth. The spin wheel is often a bit overused by new stores, which can be less effective to grow your email list. In most cases, you can opt for a simple branded pop-up with an offer of 10-15% off their first purchase. Since you're using Privy, this can be done with the app. Privy is one of my favorite ones to work with for these pop-ups.

Offering a small discount upfront will improve the efficacy of your popup and will give the customer a solid known reward for allowing you to market to them. The wheel might be best during bigger promotional events, for example, Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM). Using the wheel in limited amounts would keep it interesting and exciting for visitors.

Advertising Tips

Although, I don't have too much information on your ad details I'll give some general tips on this area. If you're running Facebook ads, your pixel will begin to optimize better as you gain more information from your ads and site activity. There aren't any hard and fast rules on how to run your campaigns, but since you're starting off with View Content ads, your pixel will optimize on getting people into your store to view the page you're linking in your ad. This is a great first step to "seasoning" your pixel with data.

Once you've gained at least 100 Add to Carts using the View Content ads, this is when I would normally advise switching to Add to Cart ads. The reason for this is that with data on Add to Cart you'll spend less on your ads aiming at Add to Cart. Otherwise, you'll likely spend much higher amounts to gain any Add to Cart conversions without some previous data that the pixel can learn from.

The best way to tell if you've got the right target audience is to check in on your Conversion funnel found on your Analytics Dashboard. See the image below for an example:

alt

If you're seeing an Add to Cart (ATC) rate of 8-10%, the likelihood that you're hitting the perfect audience is high. If it's lower than that range, you may be off-target. The higher the ATC rate the more interest the visitors appear to have in the product. Once you establish interest you can work on converting purchases.

Let me know if that helped! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi there, 

First of all. I would like to inform you that Facebook ads work in three stages:

• Awareness
  • Consideration 
  • Conversion
    1. Awareness: In this, you try to get people’s attention. You do that through awesome content that helps them solve some problems. Then you pull them back to your site as this website traffic will help you create a new custom audience.

2. Consideration: After creating awareness, you capitalize by sending those people offers to keep them engaged with your brand.! In this way, your brand should still be fresh in their minds. The more people continue to see your brand, the more they start trusting you.

3. Conversions: You’ve now done all the hard work. You’ve built up attention and trust. Here’s your time to shine. Once again, you’ll target the brand new leads you just generated in the last step. This time, they will be more ready and willing to buy.

This looks a little time-consuming because it is. But that’s OK because it’ll be worth the effort.

As you are using Lookalike audience it is convenient for the advertisers to target the right kind of audience so that many relevant advertisements can be created for such type of audiences. 

With audience optimization, you can target your Facebook posts to the segments of your page’s audience that are most likely to be interested in it.

Last, but not least, choose your budget wisely. Keep in mind the target audience and the market you wish to serve. Competitor analysis is a good point to start with. Make sure your budget meets the industry standards and it does not pinch your pocket harder.

MageNative | Mobile App for your Shopify Store | Native Android and iOS Apps

Digital Marketing Analyst
E-mail: asthaupadhyay@magenative.com
0 Likes
32 0 0

Facebook is one of the best platforms to run product ads. And Trackify X is the best application for that. 

If you want to get SERIOUS about your FB ads overall with rich data-driven tools and insights, Trackify is HANDS-DOWN the only facebook pixel app out there that really delivers results.

Definitely recommend giving it a shot to see for yourself.

0 Likes