FB pixel double cart

Highlighted
15 0 0

I get this error on my fb pixel. How do i fix ?

I already added pixel to shopify settings

Duplicate AddToCart Event Setup
Last detected: Jun 30, 2019, 7:09 PM
1 instance
ISSUE
Your AddToCart event is being tracked using your website's source code, and also by your pixel's automatic event tracking. This is leading to duplicate event tracking and may affect the accuracy of your pixel data.
SOLUTION
We've turned off automatic tracking for your AddToCart event. The event will continue to be tracked via your site's source code.
If you'd like to track this event automatically, you can turn on automatic event tracking in pixel calibration tool (you must be an admin for this pixel).
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
492 31 80

Hi, @manfizio!

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

Great work on adding the Facebook pixel to your store! The message that you are receiving is coming from Facebook's end and isn't actually a part of Shopify. To learn more about how to turn on automatic tracking for your Facebook pixel, you can view Facebook's guide here: About Automatic Events.

The AddtoCart event appears when someone adds a product to your cart. To learn more about other standard events that take place with your Facebook pixel, and what they mean, you can view our help doc here: Adding a Facebook pixel to your store - Facebook pixel standard events. Click here for an overview of how to set-up the Facebook pixel correctly and how to remove it from your store.

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

It sounds like there is a duplication of the event code somewhere.  Check with your theme provider, they may have added functionality.  Download the facebook pixel helper widget for chrome and it will show you where the double firing is occuring.  I suspect the pixel event is also hard coded.

thanks

Kevin

Ask me about Facebook ads!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, @manfizio,

I guess you've fixed the double cart issue, but just in case I'll add my solution here.

1. Check with which Catalog you Pixel is associated with if you have several Catalogs in Facebook. Use this Facebook tool https://business.facebook.com/ads/retargeting_pixel/debug/. Paste your Pixel ID and look at "Associated Product Catalog IDs".

2. Go to Facebook Business Settings -> Catalogs and check your Pixel is indeed associated with this Catalog from step 1.

3. Next, go to Facebook Business Settings -> Pixels -> Data Sources.

4. Click on your Pixel -> Settings and turn off the toggle in the "Track Events Automatically Without Code". So, you should see this on your screen. This should fix Pixel double track events. Hopefully, this is helpful for anyone. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 8.45.44 AM.png

0 Likes