Facebook Ad Credit

1 0 0

Hi... I saw a promotion in the Marketing area for a Facebook $100 ad credit for linking a Facebook business account. I've done this but now see no reference to it... how can I redeem this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 7 13

Hey there, @spky87!

Thanks for reaching out today. I'm happy to hear that you are interested in taking advantage of the Facebook marketing credit to run some paid ads. Are you still seeing the promotion in the marketing area? If so, do you mind taking a full screenshot of it? If you do not see it, approximately when did you attempt to redeem the offer?

Let me know if this helps!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
496 13 115

Hey, @spky87!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify.

Facebook determines if you're eligible for the ad credit. At the time you originally see the banner/receive the email, they won't yet know if you're eligible. To find out if you can receive the credit, you need to install the Facebook Marketing app, and connects all 4 accounts (Facebook account, Facebook page, Facebook ad account and Facebook Business Manager). After that, an eligibility process will determine whether you are eligible for the ad credit.

If Facebook determines you are eligible, you will see the following banner below the three Facebook accounts:

You'll then have 30 days to spend the $100. The banner would show a countdown of how many days you have left. The banner would also confirm if you have used the credit towards ads. You'll have 90 days in total to spend all of it. The credit would automatically be added to your Facebook ad account as the primary payment method.

If you have connected all of the accounts and don't see the banner, it means Facebook has determined you are not eligible. Their requirements include:

• You must not have previously received Facebook Ad Credit
  • You have not spent money on Facebook ads in the past 28 days

There is no way to appeal the decision at this time.

Does this help answer the question for you?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify

0 Likes
1 0 0
Hi, i have linked accounts and when I go inside the Facebook marketing app, there is an area “Facebook marketing settings” where i have a green box saying “Facebook ads credit”. It consists of a green correction mark tick with message “You’ve received $100 USD in free credit in the selected ad account. The free credit will be automatically applied when you create your next Facebook ad.” Now I have created a add on the account linked and still have not received any ad credit.
Please help me understand how I can get the credit or where I can find it.
Thanks
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
496 13 115

Hey, @Ryno!

You will unlock the ad credit after spending $100 USD on ads. You will then get an email letting you know that you have $100 USD in ad credit. When you spend money on ads at that point, the funds will automatically be taken from your ad credit, rather than from your credit card. 

You can find more information on the Facebook support document. The Facebook terms of use for this offer can be found here.

Let me know if you still have questions on that.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify

1 Like