Facebook Ads - Profanity in domain - Solutions?

Justin_Policar1
2 0 0

So I've been having an issue that I've been trying to work around for the last few weeks. It's been impossible to get around the Facebook filters with promoting my website www.fckcncr.co

Facebook considers my page profane for the implied meaning of "fck cncr". They're not in the wrong in implying profanity, but I've been trying to think of a workaround because most of my traffic and purchases come through Facebook. It just seems like a waste not being able to advertise on their platform.

I'm looking for help for solutions 

- I've thought of creating a separate FB page, but in the end, I'd have to push people to my domain, and that's where FB denies my ads

- I've created at least 10 different ads with zero reference to fckcncr, but as soon as I link my page (mandatory), the ad is automatically denied

- I don't want to stear to far off brand (fckcnr) with solutions

*I might just be out of luck with ads.

0 Likes
Alicia_W
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
338 0 61

Hi Justin,

This is a tricky one - they're not wrong, because you are essentially saying "f*ck cancer" (which is an awesome slogan, by the way, f*ck cancer indeed) so getting around it may be tough.
That being said, due to the nature of the business, maybe you could reach out to Facebook directly and see if they can make an exception? I'm not sure of any work around on our end to change the outcome of this.

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
Justin_Policar1
2 0 0

Yeah - I've tried reaching out to them, but to no avail - I get a lot of canned responses with  no real discussion on their part.

Thanks for the feedback though - I appreciate it.

Best,

Justin

0 Likes
Aries_Hai
1 0 0

I think you try to contact the support department of Facebook to explain your case.

0 Likes