Facebook Ads audiences and objectives

Solved
RolandP
Excursionist
34 1 7

Hello,

I am currently running two Facebook Ads.

One has a Conversion objective and it points to a lead magnet landing page with an opt-in to receive a welcome email from me with a link to the lead magnet. Its goal is to capture emails. 

The second ad has a Traffic objective and it points to my Shopify business website, not a landing page. It is intended  to drive traffic to my website and raise awareness of my site and business. 

Both ads are attached to separate campaigns and are NOT part of any kind of A/B test.

I am running both ads to the same defined audience in Facebook Ads Manager. Is the Facebook Ads system showing both ads to the same actual human people? Or are the humans/people to whom Facebook shows the ad with a Conversion objective" different than the people to whom it shows the ad with a Traffic objective, even though the defined audiences are technically the same as I've defined them?

I can't find the answer to this question anywhere in Facebook's advertising documentation and so need to ask a human being. I wish Facebook provided actual support to their advertising clients, who provide Facebook with the majority of its revenue. Wouldn't that be a cool idea?

Thank you in advance if you would be kind enough to answer this question.

Regards,
Roland

0 Likes
Niki_S
Explorer
65 5 14

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @RolandP,

as far as I know, Facebook is targeting people with the highest chance to do the desired goal. This means in the case of conversions marketing objective, FB algorithm will be searching for people with the highest chance to make a purchase while for the marketing objective traffic, FB algorithm will be targeting the ads at people with the highest chance to visit your website. 

If you use the same target audience in both campaigns, it might happen that the ad will be shown to the same people, however, in my opinion, the ads will be shown to different people as some people are more likely to make a purchase than just visit the website. 

0 Likes
RolandP
Excursionist
34 1 7

Thank you very much. I understood that "clickers" or "action takers" are different people than "lookers" or "lurkers," and figured that FB would show conversion ads to the people who were known 'action takers," even though both ads were targeting the same demographic and other characteristics. Thank you again. 

0 Likes
Niki_S
Explorer
65 5 14

Exactly!

0 Likes