Facebook Advertising, How To Track Order Number?

Excursionist
54 0 14

I recently setup a new FB conversion campaign. Specifically for purchases. Installed pixels followed all the guides I could get my hands on. We have already seen a number of conversions but my question is this.

Facebook only shows a dollar amount and order amount.

How can we get the exact Shopify order number of the conversion?

Thank you!

Devon

Visit our Luxury Bikini and Women's Fashion Website, Featuring many highly sought after and limited edition pieces from around the world! http://www.bikiniluxe.com
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Devon, were you able to figure out how to track the exact order number within your Facebook ads and conversion info? We're looking at doing that exact thing now and can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Devon, 

Did you manage to get a solution for this? Am trying to find a way to track the different order number as well.

Thank you! 

0 Likes

Pretty sure you can not do this inside of Facebook as it's a privacy issue.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, 

What about tracking it on shopify? For instance, letting me know that its link from a certain FB Ad Campaign is good enough.

0 Likes

All your campaign on Facebook or Google or any ad platform should have UTM URLS, so you can track what is working and not working. We work with a lot of Shopify clients and Facebook and Shopify don't always catch each UTM URL but that is what you should use yo track what campaigns are working.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Pretty sure you can't do this. And UTM's only work in theory. I'm having a really hard time getting UTM's to pass through to Shopify, as Shopify's and Facebook's attribution logic conflict (or rather, just don't match up 1:1).

So, let's say you run an FB conversions ad for a pair of pants. Customer A sees it on their phone, clicks on the link, and doesn't buy. Comes back two days later on their laptop and purchases a shirt. FB's standard 28-day click attribution (I change this to 7, because WTF, 28 days is way too long) will count this as a conversion. On the Shopify side, however, they don't because someone isn't doing a good job of collecting or sending cross-device behavior and resulting attribution (not sure if this is on FB or on Shopify).

Now, I hope I'm wrong here and just doing something wrong on my side, but I'm having a hell of a time with this same issue (and I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing). Again, I hope to find out I'm wrong and really lame at this because all I want is more connection between my ad spend and order data.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes