Facebook Advertising

STINK1
4 0 0

Hi,

last year we were advertising successfully on FB, but now due to the Apple changes our cost-effectiveness is very bad. Does anyone have a tip for us? We did most or all of the Facebook manual guide on that matter.

0 Likes
Niki_S
Explorer
70 5 14

Hi @STINK1,

how about trying out another marketing channel? How about SEO, another social media, email marketing or else? 

Regarding Facebook ads, they changes have huge impact on the performance and therefore, you will need to test what works and what not (campaign objectives, optimization, more compelling ad copies...)

0 Likes
KieranR
Shopify Partner
254 21 75

I've seen a lot of people switching to retargeting only. Cold / lookalike audiences are taking a hammering.

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
0 Likes
NickiC
2 0 1

Hi,

Different strategies are working for different accounts.  It's a case of testing what does and does not work for you and reviewing how you measure, estimated roas is becoming more necessary. 

Make sure your account is set up in lien with Facebook's recommendations - verify your domain, set up AEM and ensure CAPI is turned on.

If you have successfully used lookalike audiences in the past, there is a need to rebuild and retest them against well targeted interest based audiences. 

I am still seeing success retargeting, but only on larger audiences, so try retargeting grouped warm audiences.

Good luck and I hope this helps. 

Nicki

STINK1
4 0 0
Thank you very much for your reply
0 Likes
STINK1
4 0 0
Thank you so much. We will try!
0 Likes
MsSkeptical
Excursionist
17 0 6

Hey there! I agree that you can try to look for other marketing strategies in order to boost your business even more. However, it is important to prioritize which strategy you might want to focus your attention to. SEO is great as it is (based from personal experience) the most promising and effective, yet most laborious, of all strategies. You can also explore other social media platforms, especially Instagram and Twitter, to make your presence known there.

0 Likes
STINK1
4 0 0
Thanks! We thought about SEO. But since we can’t approve out google merchant center we prioritize it low.
0 Likes