Facebook Blocked Our Website - May have to close down

2 0 2

Hello All,

We recently launched our website, www.roomwares.com.  In it's first week, we generated enough traffic to be in the top 18% of visited Shopify sites, which was pretty exciting to us!

We believe most of our success came from inviting selected family and friends to like our Facebook page, as well as making a number of posts to boost awareness to our store.  The @roomwares Instagram and Facebook pages both contain links to our site and we also paid Facebook to boost a post for a contest, directing people to visit our site and sign up for a chance to win merchandise.  Facebook reviewed our post, and took our money, running the ad for approximately a week, until the following:

Last Sunday, I received multiple notifications on Facebook, stating "We removed your post because it looks like spam. Go to your Support Inbox to learn more."  The notification came for every single post that had a link to our site.  We got the same message at our Support Inbox, and found that links directing to our website had been blocked on Facebook and Instagram altogether.  I can't even follow people on Instagram that follow me because it contains my link and locks me out.

After some research, I was directed to the Facebook Debugger tool (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/).  When I put my website into the debugger, it gave me the following error: "We can't review this website because the content doesn't meet our Community Standards. If you think this is a mistake, please let us know."

I am at a complete loss.  I have clicked every link to open a ticket and "let us know" that I believe it is an error, but not have received any type of response, nor an indication of Facebook even acknowledging that I put in a ticket.  I'm not sure if we were blocked for posting too many links (we only posted a handful), or what the issue is.  We're at the point of considering closing down the store, which is sad to think because we were relying heavily on Facebook to help us raise awareness.

Is this something I can get corrected myself, or do I need to hire a web developer or something else?  Honestly, we would rather pop up a new store than pay hundreds of dollars or more for a web developer.  If I wanted to hire a web developer, I wouldn't have used a completely user-friendly site, like Shopify!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you all!

2 Likes
Excursionist
105 0 10

Use a landing page on a different domain and then link to that domain instead and don't drop links in every post or you'll get banned again.

0 Likes
2 0 2

Thank you, this gives me some hope! What would be a good way to create a landing page?

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Steve,

Did you manage to resolve the problem? If so - any advice?

I have faced the similar issue with my web-site and can't find a way out, so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Andrey

1 Like
1 0 0

whats any one to solve this issue i have the same problem and i am pulling my hair out. its beyond depressing that facebook cares less about people really using the platform. 

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

I'm facing the same problem. yesterday while I was doing an ad for my website via facebook ad manager, suddenly there was a massage that my website doesn't meet their community standers, "I sell only Jewelry". searched the net for solutions but unfortunately didn't find any. I deleted all the apps installed in my shopify store I even deleted all my product but still the website is blocked.

I got this massages below from Facebook debugger

• We can't review this website because the content doesn't meet our Community Standards. If you think this is a mistake, please let us know.
  • This link is blocked, or you have triggered an excessive amount of scrapes. If you think you're seeing this by mistake, please let us know.
  • Critical Errors That Must Be Fixed

I send many msgs to FB without any reply.

Please if anyone find a solution to this problem, please SHARE 

1 Like
2 0 1

I'm facing the same issue right now...wonder what happened after all these. Have you found a way to get this solved? What confuses me is that we only get started on Shopify / Instagram / facebook and haven't even posted many things nor mentioning the website URL...

1 Like
1 0 1

I am facing the exact same issue. My link has been banned from Instagram and Facebook now twice. They have the worst customer service and I have yet to get a real answer. If anyone finds a resolution please contact me, it would be greatly appreciated as this is so annoying to deal with.

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 1
Hello there,
I solved my problem a month ago. By asking my friend to try contacting them through her page as they were blocking me from contacting them as well. And she did reach them and explain my case to them. They unblocked my website after 2 hours later.
I hope this works for you too.
0 Likes
1 0 0

How did she contact them? 

I am facing the exact same issue and I have no way to reach out to FB

0 Likes