I've been having issues with Facebook catalog for the longest time. It now says that 'content IDs missing from your catalog'. It says that 4.7% of views are available for retargeted ads but 95.3% are not. Does anyone know how to fix this? Do I have to go into each product and a content ID such as a sku? My products on shopify do have SKUs. Do I need to delete the catalog and redo it?
Thanks in advance.
Are you using an app to create your feed or are you manually uploading the products to Facebook one by one? If you are doing it manually it means that the product Ids from your product catalog do not match the product Ids that the Facebook pixel is seeing on your website so it could be 1 of 2 issues here:
1. Either you have created your product feed with the wrong product Ids
2. Installed the pixel incorrectly
If you are using an app then it might be an issue with how the app creates your Facebook catalog feed
The solution depends on what you are using for the Facebook Feed. If you're using Flexify, check the box "Format feed for the native shopify pixel setting". This will match up the content_ids variable in the pixel with the product ids in the feed. This is so in remarketing, people get shown the right products that they viewed.
You need some kind of software on the shopify end to build your catalog. Flexify is the goto. Lack of matching could mean that when FB is trying to retarget, the product in question is not part of the catalog. Or could be out of stock if that is your setting.
If you manually created your catalog, make sure all your products are in the FB catalog.
Hi, ricktaj, Kyro.
I will help you and other sellers with this situation to figure it out:
1. If you manually entered your products into the catalog with pens, let them remain so, just make sure that utm tags are configured in the product links so that you can distinguish this advertising campaign from others in Google Analytics.
2. The product Id you need in order to: either start remarketing or in order to look for similar people to those who buy a particular product.
3. Create a new cataddle and sync it with Shopify.
4. To ensure that your product Id always match, use for synchronization the Feed-product service for Shopify. It will asynchronously update products from your store and the Facebook Ads or Facebook Shopping catalog and soon the Facebook Marketplace. That is, if you change the product or the price of a product in your Shopify store, set a discount on the product or the product will not be available or other changes, the Feed-product will update everything for you and you won’t waste time, or what’s more important, for example , money for advertising goods that are sold.
5. Regarding the incorrect pixel settings on Facebook, the steps here describe how it should be:
6. If you need to run an advertising campaign to search for a similar audience to the one that buys a specific product and your product has a product card with an individual link, then on Facebook you can configure not by product id but by url.
If you have additional questions, please contact us, we will help you with joy).
Good luck with your advertising campaigns)!
★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★
romchy | Application consultant
→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to Telegram
→ Get Free Guides for Store Sync @ Shopify Feed Product Help Center
→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product
|2 hours ago|
|2 hours ago|
|7 hours ago|
|10 hours ago|
|15 hours ago|