Facebook Instant Articles & Shopify blog

1 0 0

Has anyone hopped on the Instant Article wagon yet, and, if so, do you have any tips for streamlining the process to where you don't have to go through and recreate every blog post?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 0 10

HI Caleb, 

There seems to be a lot of interest in the Instant Article! I would suggest taking a look at the [Facebook Instant Article guide](https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instant-articles) for more details and instructions on Quickstart, Creating Articles, Design Guide, and Publishing Articles. 

I hope this helps! Please feel free to contact us anytime if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Have a great day :), 

Dan | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
7 0 0

I've been trying to set up my Facebook Instant Articles on my fanpage but am having some trouble.

I've successfully added my RSS feed to Facebook

I have over 100 articles on my website so that's not the issue.

I was under the assumption that the RSS feed was suppose to feed articles into FB for approval at first. I have new articles published but none show up under submitted.

I've tried to copy and paste my articles, using the html mark up but I'm told that I have no canonical urls and have no clue where to go from here and all FB does is refer me back to the orginial articles.

Has anyone does this successfully from a Shopify site?

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

I don't think Shopify has caught up with the rest of the pack. Out of the box the Shopify ATOM feed doesn't work with Facebook. Then, even if you use something like Feedsburner, the Shopify XML format isn't current (common) formatting. Therefore, I haven't seen anyone pull this off with Facebook AND shopify - unless I'm wrong!??? 

0 Likes