Facebook Pixel Integration - Website Action Value - What does it mean?

Travis_Brady
4 0 0

I've added my Facebook pixel integration to shopify by cutting and pasting my Facebook ID.

I'm currently running an ad to test the pixel integration.

I'm confused by the colum in the ad view called "Website Action Value (All)". It's showing a value of $244.89

The 'Purchase' & 'Checkout' options have no values returned from the Pixel.

Can someone clarify what the $244.89 value being returned actually means?

See the screenshot for reference

0 Likes
Leon_Henry5
103 0 0

website Action Value (All)  >  wrong value this has to be dynamic value if you have lots of products ..

reach out and i could be of some help to code it so it put it the correct amount each time a sale has been made

0 Likes
Markus_Müller
6 0 0

Hi there :)

I am having a smiliar issue. The column "Website Action Value (All)" says 16k but the "Purchases Conversion Value" says only about 1k.

My best guess is that the "Website Action Value (All)" data includes all sales made on my shop as thats kinda close. But the description is confusing as it says explicitly "The total value of the actions tracked by your Facebook pixel or conversion pixels on your website after people viewed or clicked on your ad."

Which can not be true as a lot of people come from other sources.

Have you or anyone ever figured this out?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Markus

0 Likes
BillyCanu
Tourist
10 0 2

Hey All,

I believe this is the value you have placed on the click itself not the conversion.  

Thanks,

0 Likes
donald_lee
Tourist
8 0 2

Has anyone resolved this issue? I am having the same problem.

0 Likes
donald_lee
Tourist
8 0 2

Has anyone resolved this issue? I am having the same problem.

0 Likes
donald_lee
Tourist
8 0 2

Facebook just responded to me. Hope this helps everyone!

Thanks for reaching out to Facebook Support! My name's Sarah, and I'm more than happy to assist you today.

I understand that you're inquiring about the difference in the Website Action Value and the Purchase Conversion Value! That's a great question.

Regarding the Website Action Value, our system collects the total value of all actions tracked by the Facebook Pixel on your website after people viewed or clicked on the Ad. The Purchase Conversion Value is similar, but it's the total value of only purchase actions taken after people viewed or clicked on the Ad.

For instance, the Campaign called "CAMPAIGN NAME HERE" has a Website Action Value of around $****** and a Purchase Conversion Value of around $******. I clicked on the Ad, and it directed me to a page with a pair of 2016 Men' Tuck Tuck. There is a View Content Pixel on this page with a value of $49.99. Because this isn't a purchase action, this value would accumulate under the Website Action Value. If I were to buy this product, this value would accumulate under the Purchase Conversion Value also.

It seems that once people clicked on the Ad, there was a good chance they viewed other products also, which resulted in a higher Website Action Value!

I know that was a lot of information, so please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns!

Thanks again for contacting Facebook, and have a great day!

Cheers,
Sarah
Global Marketing Solutions
Facebook

Markus_Müller
6 0 0

Thank you for contacting FB support and posting their feedback here :)

0 Likes