Facebook Pixel Not Working

conkerhoney
Tourist
5 0 0

Spent hours searching and watching Youtube videos for a solution and found nothing. Extremely frustrated because I was supposed to launch my site and then FB ads hours ago. I'll use images to make this easier to understand.

I recently tried installing Facebook Pixel onto my new store but it isn't working.

The first time I installed it, I used the Pixel ID method:

1.PNG

I copy and pasted my Pixel ID from the FB Events Manager (and made sure that all 15 numbers of the ID was copied):

2.PNG

I clicked SAVE and tried to send test traffic, but the status was still not active (red dot).

I checked if the pixel was installed correctly by refreshing my website and using the Chrome extension Facebook Pixel Helper:

3.PNG

I thought that maybe it took time for the pixel to integrate into my store so I waited an hour. After an hour, the status finally changed to Active (green dot).

4.PNG

Great. It seems to be working. I tried firing for more data to see if it updated the pixel, but there was no change. I thought it took time so I waited an hour. During this hour I clicked everywhere on my site to hopefully update the pixel. No change after an hour and the pixel stopped updating at all.

I checked Facebook Pixel Helper and it still says that no pixels found. Strange.

So I thought that maybe I had to install the pixel code MANUALLY myself by copy and pasting a code.

I followed the instructions in the picture below:

6.PNG

I copied the code EXACTLY and pasted it into theme.liquid (where the main header should be):

5.PNG

After saving, I checked the Pixel Helper and the Pixel Helper icon finally turned on.

I tried firing for more data to see if it updated the pixel, but there was no change. I thought it took time so I waited an hour. During this hour I clicked everywhere on my site to hopefully update the pixel. No change at all.

The Pixel Helper should also update every time I click on something (like Add To Cart), but the Pixel Helper doesn't update at all.

I checked the Pixel Helper and it said this:

7.PNG

I Googled this error but there was no solution anywhere.

I tried the "Test Events" feature in the Facebook Events Manager, but still no recent activity:

8.PNG

I'm so stumped.

Possible solutions I found online that did NOT work for me:

• Turn off Ad Blocker (I don't even have ad blocker installed)
  • Clear browser cache
  • Relog Facebook and Shopify

Please help if you can as I am overdue in time. I hope my pictures made it clear.

I sincerely thank you in advance.

John

0 Likes
mitchhall
1 0 0

If you have adblock, try disabling that on your domain and then refresh the page.

0 Likes